Nosler Accubond

Not sure your 6.5*55 is going to be going fast enough to get the most out of an AB. My guess is that you will be loading them at about 2750/2800 fps. They are a tough bullet that are really designed for higher velocity rifles that have issues with blowing lighter bullets up inside 200 yds, MV of 3100 fps plus. I have tried them in a 6.5*47 Lapua but went back to a 120BT. Have also used the 90 grain 6mm AB at 3300 fps in the 6mm06AI which did blow up BT's and they were a fantastic bullet, but they seem to need a bit of velocity to make them work properly.

I'm sure you will get a few other opinions, that's just my 2p worth.

Not sure your 6.5*55 is going to be going fast enough to get the most out of an AB. My guess is that you will be loading them at about 2750/2800 fps. They are a tough bullet that are really designed for higher velocity rifles that have issues with blowing lighter bullets up inside 200 yds, MV of 3100 fps plus. I have tried them in a 6.5*47 Lapua but went back to a 120BT. Have also used the 90 grain 6mm AB at 3300 fps in the 6mm06AI which did blow up BT's and they were a fantastic bullet, but they seem to need a bit of velocity to make them work properly.

I'm sure you will get a few other opinions, that's just my 2p worth.
I ran the 130gr berger vld hunting at 3000fps in my 6.5 06 and it wouldnt make them expand, ive thought about try the ab but not got there yet

ive used the Accubond and Bergers in a 7mm Rem Mag on roe for a few years and have to say that the Accubonds hold up well indeed, but are horrendously expensive now! The Bergers are great as the penetrate well and liquidize the internals which ensure instant kills. They don't even twitch.

Back