My What a Big Beak You Have....

Tim.243

I went to check my trail cameras lunch time so text farmer what I was up to, a reply came back saying we a heading back to the barns swing by...
They were hunting Roe and Muntjac with her yesterday,
Something you don't see close up every day..

001_zpsei8n1qkz.jpg
002_zpsosy5pchq.jpg

Tim.243

Last edited:
I thought you could hunt fox but not deer on a separate note bet it would be amazing to see. I've seen footage of wolves been taken by female Russian breed birds so a little munty should be a doddle

Ask Roy Lupton think he should know ? he must be on face book :rolleyes: think I remember Scotland no England yes ?? but could be wrong can't see someone saying it if it is a no no ! to someone he has just met?

Ask Roy Lupton think he should know ? he must be on face book :rolleyes: think I remember Scotland no England yes ?? but could be wrong can't see someone saying it if it is a no no ! to someone he has just met?
Did a quick Google and it seems to back up your Scotland no England yes.......

not so sure about the 'not saying it if it's a no no' though, was chatting to a pest controller recently who was oblivious to the fact that he shouldn't be shooting munties with a .17hmr while lamping rabbits :doh:. He said he thought it was OK as he only ever shot them in the head from 50yds or so.

We are talking Essex boyz know Paul not further North....:old:

Tim.243

Falconry finds itself in a tricky situation in that there are not really any laws that directly mention the sport, most are devised for shooting and falconers have to try to align to them. The eagle/deer issue has always been a conundrum as the relevant laws suggest a minimum calibre with which to kill deer - how do you align that to an eagle?? The eagle also does not generally kill the deer, the falconer dispatches it.

Not sure if there is any specific law in place for this but it was always a grey area when I knew a couple of eagle falconers.

Generally, such sport is kept off the airways in the UK.

I have witnessed it on the continent, and whilst impressive in some ways it was a pretty brutal thing and not a faction of my sport that I would involve myself in.

Back