ase utra north star

norma 308

hi all i have purchased the above moderator but would like to change its colour
i dont like tape or covers and was wondering if anyone has sprayed a north star .i already have 2x t8 s on other rifles and like the gun metal grey finish .any help on spray type and technique would be great many thanks
regards norma

sprayed mine with black plasticote spray paint from Halfords, came up dull and year later few scratches etc otherwise durable, better than being silver and now matches my sauer 202 nicely, go for it. deerwarden.

Know they do Matt Black Plastikote, really hard wearing.
Best to apply a few thin coats, let it build up.
(remember to allow ample time between coats to dry)

Don't know if they do grey, probably.

Rgds. Buck. ;)

i sprayed mine with some black fireplace/stove paint after some advice and i wouldnt suggest doing it as the paint never seems to dry hard and is easily marked

TJ £4.99 at Home Base Dura Coat painted mine with spray type got loads left and hey it is still in top nick and i give mine a hard time. (let james."JagerSA" pull some one elses pants down ha ha ) Like PaPa buck says 3 -4 coats of a thin pass is all you need to do a great job.

NorthStar

RUTON30TH012.jpg

i sprayed mine with some black fireplace/stove paint after some advice and i wouldnt suggest doing it as the paint never seems to dry hard and is easily marked

How did you dry it? I was told to put it in the top oven of the AGA overnight. Haven't done mine yet but have the stove paint and the North Star ;)

That said, the two does this morning didn't seem to notice that it was silver, not black, so I might not bother :)

willie_gunn

many thanks lads just zero d no difference to t8 really but as i have 2x identical steyr pro mountains in 243 and 308 i thought i would have different cans hate to pick the wrong one up at 4am on a stalking morning
once again thanks alot

many thanks lads just zero d no difference to t8 really but as i have 2x identical steyr pro mountains in 243 and 308 i thought i would have different cans hate to pick the wrong one up at 4am on a stalking morning
once again thanks alot
Why not use the one T8 for the two rifles?? the 308 mod will do the job just fine on the 243,as the rifles are identical it should not be a problem with the delrin bush,just a thought.:idea:

i know its greedy brought 243 some yrs ago,it came with t8 ,got a bit fed up with too much meat damage well shock damage really and mainly fallow running on in thick forestry , so i saved all of my tips from my guns as i am a keeper and splashed out on a 308 too ,it also came with a t8.and as alot ofmy rifle shooting is foxing my 243 s t8 sat mostly on my remy 22 .250 .i really get on with the 308 and have shot munty ,roe ,fallow ,and red with it with good effect and minimal damage , i hope i can get back on with the 243 and it has a t8 on it again gotta find a bullet that i like and go from there .i guess i am lazy and had some good tips at xmas so got the ace utra

have just sprayed the ase utra n s with halfords matt black heat resistant paint and i am really pleased . i hung it and sprayed it several times. i then put my gas stove some two feet below it for curing . it turned out very similar to the t8 will put some pics on soon thanks guys .

As said by a member earlier, I also sprayed my North Star with BBQ paint ( flat black ) worked a treat and has not needed to be re-coated in 12 months / 500 rounds of .308

Back