Is this possible???

Bigboab29

Hi Guys,I want a new 243 and mod, i currently have a 243 and mod on ticket so i need a one for one variation. The rifle i like is down south so my question is - is there anyway the i would be allowed a tempoary blank 243 and mod slot on my ticket so i can trade in my rifle and pick up the new rifle at the same time rather than travelling down again after i get the old one off ticket and put in for a one for one variation? (I know i could rfd it but just seems simpler this way if possible)Cheers BB

Hi Guys,I want a new 243 and mod, i currently have a 243 and mod on ticket so i need a one for one variation. The rifle i like is down south so my question is - is there anyway the i would be allowed a tempoary blank 243 and mod slot on my ticket so i can trade in my rifle and pick up the new rifle at the same time rather than travelling down again after i get the old one off ticket and put in for a one for one variation? (I know i could rfd it but just seems simpler this way if possible)Cheers BB

yes, explain it in a cover letter that you want a condition included for that purpose. bread and butter...of course, submit the request with the cover letter, THEN call to check their understanding before they issue it incorrectly. (not assuming they will, but better avoid delays and duplication of work)

Yes - as above.

I put this in the cover letter: "I would like to apply for a 1-1 variation in order to replace my existing .243 rifle with a new .243. ". And then explained why I wanted to change rifles, and gave the details of my existing permissions (this is unnecessary, but seems to help).

The wording will come back giving you authorisation to obtain a new .243 on the condition that you have first disposed of the existing one.

It should be straightforward, but it can depend on the FEO who gets the paperwork - some understand it perfectly and it goes through with no problem, some get terribly confused.

Last edited:
Why not jus phone your local FEO and explain what you want and he will advise you, after all its him that will make the decision

Why not jus phone your local FEO and explain what you want and he will advise you, after all its him that will make the decision

+1

That's what I have done in the past and it's worked fine.
It gives the feo a heads up on what is going on on their "patch" rather than just receiving a bunch of paperwork from the "head office".

Just called - they are quite happy to give me a temporary slot to be used when current 243 is handed in to rfd. Happy days:)

Hi, if your trading it in with the same gun shop would they just not take your old one off and put the new one on?
Or am I missing something?
Stav

Devon and Cornwall did this for me by issueing a temporary(to hold but not use for 3 months) license for my existing rifle and a blank/slot for my new one........

Yes - as above.

I put this in the cover letter: "I would like to apply for a 1-1 variation in order to replace my existing .243 rifle with a new .243. ". And then explained why I wanted to change rifles, and gave the details of my existing permissions (this is unnecessary, but seems to help).

The wording will come back giving you authorisation to obtain a new .243 on the condition that you have first disposed of the existing one.

It should be straightforward, but it can depend on the FEO who gets the paperwork - some understand it perfectly and it goes through with no problem, some get terribly confused.

would you need to pay for this??

Back