Yum yum pigs bum!

Beowulf

Hi all,
I have just had my Christmas Dinner! i was in no state to eat it Christmas Day with a jaw infection and a bloody great hole where my back teeth used to be! :eek:
Anyway I have just eaten 'Venison En Croute' with mash potatoes, brocolli and red wine gravy. Superb!
The venison was one of my red yield hinds from stalking with Sikamalc, the wife made a liver pate and then smeared it all over the loin meat and then wrapped it in puff pastry. Venison Wellington' or 'En Croute ' if you are of that persuasion!
Ace really ace, give it a try! :D

First sorry to hear you weren't well. That sounds pretty unpleasant.

Second, your dinner sounds marvelous. You should post the recipe.

Beowulf
Was that loin meat or Lion meat? I know that you have had terrible trouble with your spelling of late
:lol:

Hi Gunslinger,
Thanks, I'm getting better. I'll get the wife to put the recipe on the venison recipe thread 'post haste'! It really was the best.

Hi Poddle,
I actually had to stop and think about the right spelling of loin. I then still put it down as 'lion' in the first draft of the post! :confused:
Anyway 'alis wehl taht enids wehl'! :lol:

Beowulf
venison sounds good
After your troubles with the Fang Farrier must have made you think of the old days take 2 brufen and see us in a couple of days!

Cheers

Dickie.

Hi Dickie,
I had four wisdom teeth out in an army hospital in Belfast. The Military dentists were very good, in fact excellent! I wouldn't trust that ivory poacher dentist of mine to pull a Christmas cracker never mind a tooth. I'm still spitting out the bone shards! :evil:

I've got to go back for a check up tuesday, I will kick her in the 'fairey' and ask her to imagine that sort of pain all over Christmas! :lol:

Anyway matey why aren't you off defending the Realm or something? When I was in the RN it was 'Rum, Bum and Baccy'! Its all 'Jukebox Jive and Jelly babies' now! Christmas leave! Tut whatever next? Women at sea! ;) :lol:

If you good people are okay with the idea I'm going to get the memsahib to put some venison recipes in to an article I'm planning. A sort of 'Fanny Craddock and Johnny thing'. Guess which one I'll be! I just love painting on my eye brows!
As I always say 'You can't beat a bit of Fanny'!

I have followed this thread and am now in the position of waiting to read an article from Dorinder and "Fanny", feeling sorry for Mr B and the problem's he has suffered over the Christmas period, and enjoyed it all very much. Then he has confused me completely, Beowulf and Wisdom teeth!, MMMmmmmm??? ;) ;)

Looking forward to the article Stevie boy.

John

Hi JayB,
You are alive then! I said to Darinda only the other day, 'haven't heard from JayB for a while, I hope he is not dead its a long way to go for a funeral'! :lol: I'm feeling much better thanks mate, how did I know it was going to be a mistake writing wisdom teeth! :lol:
The article will be written soon, I had a good one for Christmas but with the dog dying and the tooth problems it got put aside. Anyway plenty of articles to come. Just think you can either read my articles or go and watch Johnny Kingdom's new series! :confused:

Beowulf

Comit the crime do the time.
3 yrs bobbing about I think gives me a bit of stalking time so my defending our great homeland for the short future will from our own shores.

I hope the gob is sorted soon, it hasn't dented your sense of humour.

Oh forgot to say sorry about the hound!

cheers

Dickie.

Hi Dickie,
Thanks, got the hound back yesterday in a little pine box. Grounds too hard to bury her so she is on the book shelf bless her.

Fair play mate, I'm glad you have got some well deserved leave. Just don't stay shore side too long, I would'nt like to think of you propping up the bar at HMS Drake chatting up some 'crock-o-dilly pig' of a NAAFI bar maid! :eek: :confused:

Beowulf

Good job I'm not tied up to a NAAFI crock-o-dilly pig, but then they all need lovin and every hole's a goal as we said in my youth.

Hi Dickie,
I never got to know the love of a NAAFI godess. Unfortunately I'd have to wait for a sub to deploy, then I'd cruise St Budeux married patch! :eek: :lol:

Beowulf
I know that feeling walking back in the morning in your best run ashore rig with everyone walking around dressed to go to work.
trying to flag down a fast black to get back with a pint of milk and a paper.
worst now as the clipper shuts at stupid o'clock so you just stay out and go straight to work. Ha.

never mind the pigs bum this should of been called the old naval renuion
good on you lads that protect this nation past , present and future as medical prevention stopped me doing my bit

Hi Stone,
I unfortunately got a medical discharge. A stoker offered to show me the 'Golden Rivet' down the engine room. It was a bit dark down there, I bent down to get a better look, the ship ran a ground and I fell back on to something hard! :eek: I still can't walk without the aid of my crutches twelve years later!
Its a great life in the Royal Navy walking hand in hand down Plymouth Hoe on a sunday afternoon with a 'strapping' Royal Marine Bandsman. :lol:

sorry i hav no answer for that i am just glad i am not as ill as my medical made out me to be over 20 stretch ago mind you still as blind as a bat with out my binos , still can't understand why i never made it to sniper training

Stone you should have been a gunner like me! I had perfect eye sight but never hit anything! Nothing changes! :cry:

Got to go. I'm stalking tomorrow and I have to stick braille on my bullets so I don't chamber the wrong calibre! :eek:

Back