SD first week

Well we are nearly at the end of the first week in the highlands. The weather has been again unseasonably mild and the rain fall low. Bracken cover is higher than ever and the midges are still here!

Never the less within 3.5 days we have taken 3 stags and 7 hinds so not too bad.

Another Red hind taken last night by Richard. Just waiting for the next group to arrive, all though the next group are veterans and most of them have been 3 times up here.
Weather turning colder and at last some of the bracken is dying off and laying down!

Tough stalking this season, too warm, dry and cover very high in this part of Scotland. Rut was slightly early but we still ended up with 17 Stags for 2.5 weeks of stalking.

Well we are nearly at the end of the first week in the highlands. The weather has been again unseasonably mild and the rain fall low. Bracken cover is higher than ever and the midges are still here!

Never the less within 3.5 days we have taken 3 stags and 7 hinds so not too bad.

Hi Malc having recently had a Tick attach itself to my leg walking through bracken, do you have any problem with ticks in the tall bracken you describe? What steps, if any, do you take to avoid this happening?

atb WB.

Well done malc , can't wait untill next year to experience the highlands for the first time stalking, any pics

Well that's another month in Scotland done for this year.

Thank you to everyone who joined me. In particular to all those who helped guide for me. Mark, Tom, Andy and Darren. Thank you all for your professionalism and time. Also to my other half Sandra who worked tirelessly to keep all the guys fed and watered, great job and hard work. Its been a hard year with high cover and warm weather, only 2 frosts and we were 90 miles from the end of Scotland for the whole of October!

Glad to hear everyone arrived safely back home. Overseas clients next week and booked out for the winter so busy times ahead. Thank you again everyone.

Last edited:
Back