Isle of Aaron

I've often wondered what the stalking is like?
Anyone got any experience worth sharing.

I was there a few years ago pre-season and there were plenty of reds knocking about...

I'm on the 19-23rd. How do you usually do?

Going same week as you,first time on the Stags,have been a few times on the Hinds.
I would recommend getting a satphone as you have to report in midday which is a PITA if your on the hill!

See you up there!:thumb:

Will do looking forward to it. The email says we are getting issued with radios and chargers?

The radios are only to operate when directing Rob(the ranger)in for deer recovery and emergency use,they have a very short range.
You have to ring the coordinator at lunchtime every day as a safety precaution,thats where a satphone is invaluable as getting mobile service is a non starter on the hill....

Arran 2016

I'm going 19-23 Sep too. See you there.
Generally speaking, Vodaphone has the best reception on the island of Arran, but out on the majority of the beats mobile reception varies from poor to non existent. Hence earlier recommendation for sat phone, particularly if it's taken you an hour and a half to get to a good spot on your beat (which isn't untypical) the last thing that you want to do is waste time having to return to your last point with mobile reception to report in at lunch time.

I'm going 19-23 Sep too. See you there.
Generally speaking, Vodaphone has the best reception on the island of Arran, but out on the majority of the beats mobile reception varies from poor to non existent. Hence earlier recommendation for sat phone, particularly if it's taken you an hour and a half to get to a good spot on your beat (which isn't untypical) the last thing that you want to do is waste time having to return to your last point with mobile reception to report in at lunch time.

Been there done that,got a satphone for this time!!!:thumb:

Back