Roe Ground-only passed for .223

MARKG

If I have permission to shoot, but the ground has only been passed for .223, there is Roe and muntjac that the land owner has said I can shoot (would only take the odd one when needed anyway)

How do I stand with this as the .223 can't be used in england on Roe?
I do have a 6.5x55 on open condition,but should I not use it here as land only passed for .223?

If you have an open condition then you are fine to use it assuming you judge it to be safe.

CSL is correct its your call mate and i shoot in a scheme and i dont think it would get passed for a air rilfe never mind a centre fire but i seem to do ok.:)

Basc

Thanks for replies.
I spoke with BASC today,they advised the same with the open condition.

I cannot believe someone can pass ground fit only for a certain calibre.

It's a common occurence south of the border. The rub being that the person carrying out the inspection probably has no idea about the sporting use of firearms, ballistics etc. What makes it a farce is the fact that I (or you?) or anyone else with an open FAC can shoot any calibre firearm they possess there!

As you say it's.............

Bloody ridiculous!

I cannot believe someone can pass ground fit only for a certain calibre.

Bloody ridiculous!

I had a new FEO start trying to play this game with me, he said that he wasn't too happy with the calibres I was using despite having had an open certificate for the last twenty years, said he was going to come out and have a look. I said which month are you allocating to 'having a look' as you've got 25,000 to 'look' at. Oddly enough I haven't heard from him since! JC

Back