Simple reloading questions

stratts

Hi guys I'm soon to be entering the dark arts of reloading, as I've been kindly loaned the gear by a member on here to get started!

I'm very new to it so please forgive the basic questions and I won't attempt it until I am 100% sure of what I'm doing.

What's a suggested book to buy for a noob? I did pick up a Spear reloading manual at a car boot but sold it on here a while ago as I never thought I'd need it, doh!! :doh:

Do you have to lock away the primers, powder and bullets the same as normal ammo?

Any suggestions as to a type or make of powder to use for .243, .22-250 and 30-06 or is it trial and error? The same with primers and do they all use the same size?

Any other pointers for a noob like myself?

Cheers

Stratts

Yup Modern Reloading, second edition.
Lock the expanding missiles away as you would ammo, primers and powder stored separately, not in a safe.

Neil. :)

Was it me who bought your old Speer manual ?

Best peice of advice I can give is ask if any local SD members who re load would be willing to show you the ropes. I started last year and had so many kind offers I actually had to turn some down!

I went on a reloading day with Andy Allwood, he is near Bisley. You only pay for what you use, so it can be as cheap or expensive as you like. He is a good bloke and knows his stuff, he also does a mean bacon sandwich :D

As it's such an old, rare and collectable edition would you like to buy it back ?
I'll even throw the Lee 243 data sheet in as an extra :lol:

Neil. :)

Maybe fella how much has it depreciated in value?! :D

Gonna try and source the Modern reloading one unless it's silly money 1st though,

Cheers

If you get in touch with me you are more than welcome uto come up to my house and I will run you through it all and make you some rounds up if you have the dies and reloading components.

Back