reloading .243 and 270

stalkinginengland

Hello all.

I have an idea that I would like to start loading my own rounds. I used to load all my shotgun cartridges but then it became so expensive I just bought them instead.

However the reason for loading my own 243 and 270 rounds is much more about tayloring the round to my rifle rather than any saving on costs.

Having said that I would like a comparison between costs Homeload Vs Factory loaded and also an idea of the inprovment in accuracy.

At presant I use winchester in the 270 and fedral in the 243.

Any ideas or comments would be welcome

Mark

Hello all.

I have an idea that I would like to start loading my own rounds. I used to load all my shotgun cartridges but then it became so expensive I just bought them instead.

However the reason for loading my own 243 and 270 rounds is much more about tayloring the round to my rifle rather than any saving on costs.

Having said that I would like a comparison between costs Homeload Vs Factory loaded and also an idea of the inprovment in accuracy.

At presant I use winchester in the 270 and fedral in the 243.

Any ideas or comments would be welcome

Mark

mark ,

i load my 270 and 6.5x55 for approx 70-80 pence per bullet !

as for accuracy my 6.5x55 shoots raggardy hole groups and my 270 shoots about 3/4" groups .

you wouldnt catch me going back to factory amunition , not only because their bloody expencive but also i believe their is no greater satisfaction than shooting an animal with some thing you have created yourself !

your only up the road , so if you want to see how its done drop me a pm !

cheers lee

Back