Having sat in a highseat exposed to the elements for the past couple of months I have decided that the British weather is a joke at the moment and am looking to build a couple of deer towers. I have access to over mature chestnut coppice, silver birch and sycamore and would like to go for the more rustic look so it blends in better with the woodland.

The Thetford Forest towers while impressive look expensive and probably stick out like a sore thumb in the woodland envelope. I am also reluctant to build something so substantial simply because of the risk of it being damaged by antis or knocked by the woodsman and the forwarder.

Has anyone built any towers out of basic supplies? I would be interested to hear about anyones experiences or advice you might have on its construction. Photos would be greatly received to generate ideas. I hope anything that comes to light under this thread will be of use to others too. Thanks

Two months is along time time to sit in a high seat I wish I had the same patience .:rofl:

I have just spat coffee all over my pc reading this quote hat of to you buck tail for making me laugh .as had bad news last night mother in law pass away after 5 weeks in intensive care

Here are some examples of high seats i have in the German permission. Including some mobile ones to move around where the wild boar damage the fields. We renewed quite a lot last year, some with the help of Britsh friends.

Attachments

• P1020266.jpg
    P1020266.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00955.JPG
    DSC00955.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 58
  • Foto's camera mei 2011 466.jpg
    Foto's camera mei 2011 466.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Highseat Ross.JPG
    Highseat Ross.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG00100-20110731-1203.jpg
    IMG00100-20110731-1203.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG00216-20120703-1400.jpg
    IMG00216-20120703-1400.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 78
  • P1020026.JPG
    P1020026.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 61
Here are some examples of high seats i have in the German permission. Including some mobile ones to move around where the wild boar damage the fields. We renewed quite a lot last year, some with the help of Britsh friends.

Picture 6 is very impressive! I couldn't believe how many high towers I saw in Germany from airport to wildboar1973's shoot. Absolutely everywhere and all so well maintained. Love the look and idea of the mobile ones Holland&Holland, great idea!

Thank you very much for the pictures. I agree with Stalker .308, picture 6 is impressive, its the balcony that does it! Im thinking of something similar to picture 4, but just using some large softwood planking as weather boarding instead of sheeting on 3 & 3/4's of the sides, leaving a gap of a foot or so up each side with a ledge to shoot through/off before carying up to the top and using some spare tin as a roof.

Back