Country Covers jackets

David T

Met these guys yesterday and their gear looks very good and very well priced. MD went to great lengths to explain it all and how they supply their jackets to special forces teams around the world. That doesn't really float my boat but, if true, and I have no reason to doubt him, says a lot about quality etc of their products.

Does anyone use their gear, what are your thoughts ?

Met these guys yesterday and their gear looks very good and very well priced. MD went to great lengths to explain it all and how they supply their jackets to special forces teams around the world. That doesn't really float my boat but, if true, and I have no reason to doubt him, says a lot about quality etc of their products.

Does anyone use their gear, what are your thoughts ?

Yes, they certainly serenade punters with an impressive and robust sales pitch but I could only take it the once and now close my ears along with very quickly letting them know I'm "just browsing."

As for the quality of their gear I've no issue albeit I think certain garments are overpriced.

I have the following Arktis kit:

1. Sharpshooter Smock - DPM
2. Falklands Jacket - Service Black
3. Cold Climate Fleece - DPM
4. Cold Climate Fleece - Black
5. Hot Climate Shirt - DPM
6. Hot Climate Shirt - Chocolate Chip

I quite fancy one of their new smocks in either Multicam or Polish Woodland.

But do I like their gear?

Undecided!

K

A couple of keeper friends use a lot of their stuff and abuse it. They rate it very highly. I have one of their jackets and a similar version to the Buffalo type pile jackets. Its good stuff....

I've got one of their original falkland type jackets with the removable fleece liner.
It's probably over 6 years old and still very waterproof,and has a **** load of pockets.
In fact I wore that coat for 8 hours straight fishing an international a few years ago on llyn Brenig,****ing it down when we arrived,****ing it down as we fished,and ****ing down as we left.
I've got their cammo type pattern smock and trousers too,and they're pretty good as well,nice lightweight in the summer but waterproof.
My only reservation would be that they can be a bit pushy when your looking around their stall at the shows.

As said, they can be a bit overpowering, BUT their kit is very hard wearing, and waterproof. It stays waterproof too.
Maybe not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.
I rate it highly.

I wear Arktis stuff for work and it does a great job, country covers do similar stuff but I think they are now separate company's.

I have the Falklands jacket and trousers and rate them both very highly. The only time I got wet was when it was raining heavily for a full day on the grouse moor and it was running down the back of neck as I had forgotten to take the hood or my wide brimmed hat!!

Definitely recommend them.

Mulac

Last edited:
I would definitely recommend there stuff,
as a keeper I need a product that keeps me dry 7 days a week, I have there trousers with knee and seat covers and smock for beating, into its third year now, it never let's water in.
All made here in the uk too.
after sales service is also first class.

Ive got a Falkland jacket which is around 8 years old, when i first started wearing it the velcro on the cuffs was crap so I sent it back. Their service was spot on and they put on some decent velcro and the jacket was returned within a few days. If you get the Falkland watch out for the hood in windy weather as the press stud flaps in the wind and smacks you in the cheek which really p....s you off. Apart from that the jacket is good and has just lost it's waterproofing after 8 hard years.

Back