Doc Martin/Port Isaac

captdavid

I have started watching old episodes of "Doc Martin." They are filmed in and around Port Isaac. As you may remember I am planning a future stalking trip to the UK. If possibleI would love to visit this town. Is there any stalking avaliable in that area? thanks, capt david

Not sure about stalking but its worth a visit as its a lovely little place. I would park out of town though and walk in as its very small and traffic access is pants, plus in the summer it gets rammed with tourists...

I should think that would be little or no problem, there are a few people down that way who I am sure could help, one I have been with is IanF who is quite a bit North but still within a couple of hours drive, pick your time in Port Isaac, the last time I went the car park was IN the local harbour! you wouldn't want to overstay with the tide coming in :p some beautiful country down there though :D OGT 2007 034.jpg

I am approx 50 miles away from there in the middle of Devon, i'm sure i could sort out some stalking, in fact you would drive by my village on the way to Port Isaac.
Drop me an email if you want any more info.
Cheers
Richard

+1 on the getting rammed with tourists. If your holiday is flexible, try to get there in the spring or autumn as it loses a lot of its charm for me at high season when there are too many people. If you do go when it's busy, the suggestion of parking outside and walking in is very good advice.

However, don't let the above put you off. With bad grace, the kids and I were dragged there last year by my wife (who's a big fan of the series) and we secretly rather enjoyed it (although we would never admit it to her).

My tenative, and I must stress tenative, plans are to come during the last of September or first of October. What is considered the 'tourist' season? In the US it's pretty much June July and August. capt david

Should be much better when you plan to visit, the tourist season in the UK is pretty much the same as in the US.

My tenative, and I must stress tenative, plans are to come during the last of September or first of October. What is considered the 'tourist' season? In the US it's pretty much June July and August. capt david
as said by others, a good time to visit, the days are closing in at that time of year, but the weather is still warmish, (can be a bit blowy, but then the Peninsular is stuck out in the Atlantic :D )

Kids will be back at school and much less busy on the narrow roads of Devon and Cornwall, oh, didn't we mention the very narrow lanes with high hedges you cant see over, and the surprise hidden granite boulder hidden in the hedge!
Have fun
Cheers
Richard

As devon deer stalker says, once the kids go back to school things quieten down on the roads down here. If you're here in October you may see a bit of activity from the reds starting their rut (mainly in Devon)
I hope you enjoy your visit to our lovely area.
Pete.

Back