UK Importer's Website for new 'Reload Swiss' powders now live

Laurie

The GB outlet for the 'Reload Swiss' (Nitrochemie manufactured) powders range has got its website going, at the moment really on a 'watch this space' basis with promotional video, plus a sign-up to news facility for you to be advised of things as they unfold.

http://www.propellants.co.uk/

This is Nigel Cole-Hawkins of TR140 / Elcho 17 repute, recently appointed as the UK distributor and now beavering away setting up a retail network and commissioning load development / pressure testing. (The existing Swiss loads data is very thin and in the case of many popular cartridges actually non-existent, so this is a near start from scratch job.)

Nigel Cole-Hawkins expects these powders to be in the shops by late summer or early autumn.

Which grades do they have now? - I want some of their slow burning offerings to play with for 100 grain 243.
I may be up near Bisley in the next day or so - I'd certainly make the trip if I knew there was some there!
I've sent a message to Nigel - but not received an answer yet!

Ian

Hi Laurie,

I'm unfamiliar with this range and their distributor.

Is the attraction here availability, price, or the buzz -and hopefully not the KB- of loading powders without comprehensive data?

Not judging... just curious.

There were a couple of retailers selling the powder at the recent Phoenix meeting in addition to TR140 and Elcho that has been imported for a couple of years now. I didn't look closely at which actual powders in the range were being offered as I was after a replenishment of TR140.

If this is as good as it sounds all we need to follow is a manufacturer making a good range of bullets, along with other manufacturers this side of the pond we can say to them over there 'stick it'.
I'll certainly be trying it if applicable to my rifles.
Only problem I see at present is on their web site where a good proportion of the most popular calibre's in the UK are not catered for. Looks as if its the continental calibre's only.
Until this problem is sorted then it could be a non-starter for many UK home-loaders.

Last edited:
Availability is the key and the means to distribute it without ramping up the cost. On the south coast not many places stock powder and when there is some you often do not have a choice, so you either make do with a less than perfect powder for your set up or have it shipped at extortionate cost.

If it is a good powder (it won't have to be perfect, just good enough) and readily available then I for one I will switch to it.

i've used h380, h414, varget, vit140, tr140 and have decided that cheapest is best because the more you shoot the better you get

If this is as good as it sounds all we need to follow is a manufacturer making a good range of bullets, along with other manufacturers this side of the pond we can say to them over there 'stick it'.
I'll certainly be trying it if applicable to my rifles.
Only problem I see at present is on their web site where a good proportion of the most popular calibre's in the UK are not catered for. Looks as if its the continental calibre's only.
Until this problem is sorted then it could be a non-starter for many UK home-loaders.

I've been droning on for years Bill that's its not the lack of European manufacturers that the problem but one of distribution, caused mainly by the dominance of the big two importers in the U.K. totally dominating the market with their mainly U.S. products. Also the reluctance of many shooter to try unfamiliar products. This can partly be because of a language problem due to many U.K. shooters only reading U.S. magazines and books and taking in a lot of the marketing hype.

Last edited:
8x57, sounds like an opening here for an entrepreneur.
I admit I have not tried any reloading components from non-US except Ramshot powder (not convinced by it) and Vhitavouri which I do like. I do not like the non-US bullets as there seems little range to choose from. They look to be designed for a particular purpose and if that is not yours then hard luck. If they made ranges like Hornady, Speer and Nosler then I would try them.
I would like to try the tin bullets from RWS.

Bill you mention small selection which to some extent is true and then talk about RWS who have quite an extensive range of bullet designs. Unfortunately RUAG decided to virtually ignore the reloading market in the U.K. which is such a pity as they produce very good products.

To be honest most of the European bullet makers seem to concentrate on simpler more traditional designs that just do the business with little fuss, then they import and load the more exotic sexier styles mainly from the U.S. as they see this as an opportunity to sell premium ammo. To my simplistic mind most of these bullets are a bit like fishing lures they catch more anglers than fish. LOL
There are several manufacturers of high priced exotic bullets in Europe but on the whole we don't see them very often in this country at the moment. Most of them seem to be concentrating on lead free bullets.

as said before i am moving from the yank powders towards n140, so what is the swiss powder being sold £££ at and what loading data has been done or can be found at what site.
:tiphat:

as said before i am moving from the yank powders towards n140, so what is the swiss powder being sold £££ at and what loading data has been done or can be found at what site.
:tiphat:
contact the importer commonside@compuserve.com and tell him your calibre and bullet, he may already have some data, or a lot of target shooters have started from the N140 data in order to use TR140, as always you need to work the load up, don't just jump in at max! cost is £57.50 per kilo at the moment

Back