Meet Buster!

Vipa

Well...The pure Border Terrier didn't happen! The wife, from day one, has insisted she didn't want a dog that shed and I had assured her that as long as the border was stripped twice a year and brushed regularly, there would be no issue!

We went to see a litter that will be ready back end of the summer and Vikki (wife) had some cuddle time with the mum..... she came away covered in hair!!!!!!! so.... that was put to bed!

Her favouritre dogs are poodles and she managed to find someone who breeds BTs X miniature poodles... hopefully everything I want in a BT and a hypo-alergenic non shedding coat! Problem was there were 2 boys and ready now.. no other breeders to be seen with this cross...

Sooooooo...

A 9 hour return drive to Wolverhampton in foul weather on Friday and Buster came home with me... Very cute... not quite sure what I'm going to end up with when he grows up but poodles were hunting dogs and intelligent and mixed with everything that is Border Terrier, hopefully he will tick all the boxes! Only concern is finding ticks in that coat!!!!

Buster.jpg

He looks like he's going to be a very bright boy... 8 weeks old and only here for 3 days and he already knows his name, is peeing & pooing on demand outside 99% of the time and will fetch on command (sort of! :doh:)

So.... where & when do I start with the tracking training? any advice you can give or books you can recommend?

Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
I hope Vipa is not your real name with a wife called Vikki!

Best book I have seen to answer your question (and I am sure many will agree) is Neils Sondergaard's 'Working With Dogs For Deer'...

I hope Vipa is not your real name with a wife called Vikki!

Best book I have seen to answer your question (and I am sure many will agree) is Neils Sondergaard's 'Working With Dogs For Deer'...

Thanks Jam... Vipa & Vikki... ooo sounds 'dangerous' :D

Nope... Vikki is short for Victoria (which I'm sure you realised) Vipa is an amalgamation of our names.. Vikki & Paul Vi-Pa

Paul

Back