What Would You Do?

Gazza

I was recently speaking to a person from one of the Accredited Assessment Centres regarding the procedures for applying for and becoming an AW. This person told me that although that you require level 2 to apply he was aware of level 2's being more or less bought and because of this they would require the applicant for Aw to fully demonstrate their abilities. I have no problem with this but it got me to thinking "If you knew of a stalker who had obtained level 2 in an underhand manner or you suspected same would you stick him/her in"

Surely that cant be true can it? Are you trying to imply with your post that the DSC2 system is flawed and that a candidate can obtain it through illicit means.:eek: Neigh Neigh thrice Neigh as Franky Howard would have said

Garry go stalking, leave your 9 to 5 job there, what other people do is entirely up to them .
When you get your AW you do it your way, that way there will be no back biting, stalking doesn't need any more politics or problems, than it already has, with useless bits of paper and or the lengths people go to get them.

I was recently speaking to a person from one of the Accredited Assessment Centres regarding the procedures for applying for and becoming an AW. This person told me that although that you require level 2 to apply he was aware of level 2's being more or less bought and because of this they would require the applicant for Aw to fully demonstrate their abilities. I have no problem with this but it got me to thinking "If you knew of a stalker who had obtained level 2 in an underhand manner or you suspected same would you stick him/her in"

By that remark do you mean report them?

Is that a police term stick him in?:lol:

Have you lots of free time and paper and ink cartridges?:lol:

Surely that cant be true, to many people envolved to pull a stroke like that Gazza, I take it this is just Fictional or do you know someone ?

As Bob said better to Steer well clear, stick to what you know. ;)

Rgds, Buck.

there is a guy who will remain name less who got his level2 the crooked way !

ive seen this guy stalk a number of times , he is unsafe does not listen and his knife work and to say the least is EXTREMELY BASIC !

put it this way the last time he went stalking that i know of , the cull plan was no roe bucks in velvet , no 6 point roe bucks well BASICLY MUNTJAC ONLY !

he returned with 1 roe doe with a front haunch blown off and a 4 point roe buck in velvet with the guts with more holes that a sieve and a muntjac buck with a fair head shot up the arse .

when questioned about his actions his reply was as follows - thought the roe doe was a muntjac behind a hedge so he shot it through the hedge , again the roe buck was shot through the hedge and the munty buck because he was runnung away .

now im not going into WHY he was stalking on his own un supervised BUT i was called in to clean up the mess , now the next time i see this guy I WILL HAVE HIS DMQ LEVEL 2 STATUS REVOKED !

and from what i under stand as an AW i can report people to dmq and surgest his certificate is revoked and has to re-take the level 2 qualification.

so your question would i stick them in - TOO BLOODY RIGHT !

who actually keep an eye on the aw's?
after getting aw status how often are you reassessed?
as i guess dodgy aws are the only way to pass level2 when your not fit

who actually keep an eye on the aw's?
after getting aw status how often are you reassessed?
as i guess dodgy aws are the only way to pass level2 when your not fit

Approximately every 3 years .

Your fitness is your problem ,only you can sort that,It is deer stalking were doing not a triathlon .

After getting a Firearm who keeps a eye on the lunatics.

Now Ive had a few of them out with me ,some that think it is OK to shoot deer a 300 mtrs NO CHANCE theres a road 320 mtrs through the trees, thats OK I never miss, "balls" he never hit anything all weekend, out of five deer, didn't have a clue, wasn't ready for a level anything but his mentor said he was brilliant, I found out later his mentor and him argued on every outing about shots that were wild, that was why he said your ready, so someone else could tell him he didn't have a clue, I told him start listening to his mentor, before his mentor phone the police ,telling them he wasn't a suitable person to have a weapon .

He had a face like a bull dog chewing a wasp after that comment.

He is not the only idiot Ive taken out for a level two that did not have a clue there are plenty of them .

There's nothing wrong with the L2 system but there is something wrong with people that may have dishonestly abused it in the past. But then again show me a system that is flawless in the real world where trust and honesty is required? There are cheats and con men everywhere, just look at the mp's expenses scandle whaaayyyy! The L2 system is based on candidates generating honest evidence so don't bad mouth it when a candidate or witness it at fault which should be reported in any case.

there is a guy who will remain name less who got his level2 the crooked way !

ive seen this guy stalk a number of times , he is unsafe does not listen and his knife work and to say the least is EXTREMELY BASIC !

put it this way the last time he went stalking that i know of , the cull plan was no roe bucks in velvet , no 6 point roe bucks well BASICLY MUNTJAC ONLY !

he returned with 1 roe doe with a front haunch blown off and a 4 point roe buck in velvet with the guts with more holes that a sieve and a muntjac buck with a fair head shot up the arse .

when questioned about his actions his reply was as follows - thought the roe doe was a muntjac behind a hedge so he shot it through the hedge , again the roe buck was shot through the hedge and the munty buck because he was runnung away .

now im not going into WHY he was stalking on his own un supervised BUT i was called in to clean up the mess , now the next time i see this guy I WILL HAVE HIS DMQ LEVEL 2 STATUS REVOKED !

and from what i under stand as an AW i can report people to dmq and surgest his certificate is revoked and has to re-take the level 2 qualification.

so your question would i stick them in - TOO BLOODY RIGHT !

with no disrespect here Lee
you speak of a guy who you say "got his level2 the crooked way !"

you know who the guy is and already talk about his abilities or lack of
why hav you not reported it already, instead of waiting till you see the guy next
you say you would stick them in but as yet, you hav not
seems like you you speak words louder than actions

As an AW I value that position as I had 2 referee's that gave me their trust to up hold what being an AW was all about
since then I hav met and conversed with many other AW's that hold the same belief
L2 can't be bought it has to be earn't the same way as I had too
simple as
if you are not good enough on the day/s of witnessing then unfortunately you will not get signed off

what is involved in getting to be a AW.

just thought i would ask lads.

Chris, if you wish to become a AW phone DMQ, talk to Mandy ask her for the details of one of the assessment centres ask them to sponsor you, as a AW.

IE, BDS, BASC, or one of the Colleges, Sparsholt, Thurso, Barony ask them if there looking for AWs that your interested in the case of Barony there Deer officer will want to see you Stalk find a Beast ,Gralloch and Larder IE the full level two process or to take a level two candidate , as a CW to see if you can watch and take a candidate through the process questioning etc .

All AWs have a Assessment centre somewhere .

At the end of the day, as a, AW are only there to watch and write down what we see, and ask the questions at random as per the ICR it is up to the IV to say were not having that,,,, NOT the AW he can only write what he see's or what he asks ,YOU have all the answers NOT the AW.

Last edited:
First of all i certainly am not one for telling tails and i am sure most AW,s do it the correct way. I had to stalk a deer and do the graloch and then larder the beast in the correct manner. Then i had to Simulate an AW stalk with my assessor acting as a candidate. I think that is the way forward that way you know you earned the Award and hopefully will up hold the standard. But there are always cheat,s in all walks of life and money will by you most things and i am afraid even a L2 ticket.
What might be a beter idea is to think of ways that would tighten the system with out more unnessasary paper work and pass it on to the DMQ board.
I also do not know what the actions of any one found to be breaking the rules are.??

Last edited:
I know of one aw that has been slated on here for refusing to accept a stalk because he did not like the actions of the stalker. Said the standard was below the acceptable limit. As he charges was accused of doing so to make more money. How do you draw the line between acceptable levels and unacceptable? The thread ran to several pages and if the estate was mensioned it would kick off again. Does it mean an AW cannot fault a stalker for fear of accusations true or false. Estate/fallow/Dumfries might help someone remember. Jim

I know of one aw that has been slated on here for refusing to accept a stalk because he did not like the actions of the stalker. Said the standard was below the acceptable limit. As he charges was accused of doing so to make more money. How do you draw the line between acceptable levels and unacceptable? The thread ran to several pages and if the estate was mensioned it would kick off again. Does it mean an AW cannot fault a stalker for fear of accusations true or false. Estate/fallow/Dumfries might help someone remember. Jim[/QUOTE

Just so theres no Mistake it is no Red, the AW marks down what he See's nothing more or less, if he doesn't like something he can, if he so wishes write it down in the witness narrative like wise, the candidate can also write down, what took place IT ! is up to the IV to say HE DOESN'T LIKE WHAT TOOK PLACE AND TO DO IT AGAIN ! carrying out the laid down procedure for that particular element , the AW only writes it how he See's it, and writes what answers he is given .

Anyone that is doing anything different they need to go for another briefing and look at the CD provided with the witness notes .

It is just like it says in the title WITNESS, since when was the Witness in the Jury and the Judge that right, NEVER thats the IVs job to reject portfolios , as they do quite frequently this has been written on this site every other month since the site started ,come on read the notes provided ,its enough to rip yer knitting .

Last edited:
with no disrespect here Lee
you speak of a guy who you say "got his level2 the crooked way !"

you know who the guy is and already talk about his abilities or lack of
why hav you not reported it already, instead of waiting till you see the guy next
you say you would stick them in but as yet, you hav not
seems like you you speak words louder than actions

As an AW I value that position as I had 2 referee's that gave me their trust to up hold what being an AW was all about
since then I hav met and conversed with many other AW's that hold the same belief
L2 can't be bought it has to be earn't the same way as I had too
simple as
if you are not good enough on the day/s of witnessing then unfortunately you will not get signed off

you have a pm

Back