Definitive answer please.

buckup

How do I take my 30.06 through France to shoot in Italy? Please, no guessing, as it will be me stuck at Dover or Calais!

If you are in the know please tell.

Mark.

you could have a problem as 30,06 is classed as a military caliber, some one on here may have taken a 30,06 through France best to wait for the correct answer. come on guys someone must know. deerwarden

That is exactly my problem Deerwarden.

I have heard that transit through France may be possible, but not hunting.

I wish to get down to Italy, but to do so prefer to go via France as it is my most direct route.

I await good advice.

Mark,
friends of mine have travelled through France to get to Germany with .308 target rifles and reported no difficulties. Why don't you email the French embassy and ask them directly, I have done this in the past with regard to firearms law and received a prompt responce. I've also heard from others who claim transiting the country with military calibres hasn't previously been a problem, but I don't know if things have changed.

I was told by firearms licensing that with you can travel through France with a locally restricted calibre of sporting rifle so long as it's on your EFP but I was never 100% that it still wouldn't cause hassle and delays if I ever did do this.

Back