Browning X-Bolt Hunter

Hotdog

Hi All,
Looking at getting a 30-06 soon and possibly thinking about the x bolt hunter any thoughts would be helpful or alternatives with out braking the bank.

I had an x bolt in 243. The only problem with it was the trigger could not be set below 3.5lbs. If you can live with that then they are a good well bedded rifle. Well mine was. I exchanged it for a Tika because I am left handed and need a light trigger.

Hi All,
Looking at getting a 30-06 soon and possibly thinking about the x bolt hunter any thoughts would be helpful or alternatives with out braking the bank.

Had 2 a 243/308 could not fault them shot good straight out of the box
DJC

You won't be finding to many bad reviews on any of the Browning rifles,

Iv'e just ordered the stainless stalker composite, quality at affordable prices.

I have used one a few times at the range I remember the bolt had a slight judder but not sure if it neded a little oil any comments on that would be helpful

I have an X-Bolt Hunter in 300 win mag, I can tell you my trigger is ace and it is a fine accurate rifle. If you do get one you will not be disappointed.:thumb:

Had a play with a .243 stainless synthetic, really liked it, couldn't fault the rifle but watch the scope bases. I had to shim the windage, after that I shot 2 Hinds. :D

Buy one, or buy a Howa!

I was originally looking at a rem 700 in 308 but after trying a browning i quickly changed my mind, i got the A bolt tactical varmint heavy barrel with the bell and carlson stock, straight out the box it was sub moa at 100.

but getting back on track the A bolt is apparently the underdog of the X bolt so i would say if a A bolt can deliver that then X bolt would be a good choice. just my opinion though,

Ive got a 270 xbolt, synthetic, stainless and bought it second hand , kicks a bit but for carrying all day its a dream, cant fault it any other way.

Last edited:
im sure they are perfectly good rifles , but when I was looking to get one everyone told me to get a tikka instead and I havnt looked back since.im not telling you to get a tikka but I got the t3 lite and im glad I did.

I have the 30-06 X-Bolt stainless, its a fine accurate rifle, the trigger is heavy but can be easily adjusted by your self, gunsmith not required.
Cheers
Richard

Back