Tika Query

Not sure John, but its dead easy to find out yourself with a cleaning rod. Hope im not teaching you to suck eggs, but the way i have done it is to push the cleaning rod plus brush into the bore and using a pen, mark off a point on the cleaning rod level with a point on the rifle, also put a line on the rod lengthways so you can watch the rotation. Once this is done, push the rod until the lenghtways mark has done one rotation and then mark off another line using the same point on the rifle. When you take the rod out, just measure the distance between two marks and that will tell you your twist.

Im rubbish at explaining things but hope thats clear enough.

How are your deer looking up there?

ATB,

Ben

Hi Ben - - Thanks for that - - didn't think of doing it that way. Weather here has been superb for last few days. Saw plenty Roe yesterday morning. Bucks are mostly all clean now but as they're losing their winter coats some are a bit scruffy looking. They all seem be doing well, Does are very pregnant looking and last Tuesdays Buck was 45lbs larder weight which augers well for the future.

ATB

John

Definitely 1:10. I have the same rifle. They like 100gr btsp with 36gr N140 behind them if you're after summit to legally suit all deer.

I've been using Geco 243, 105gr without any problem. However I think I may be lucky as they must be just on the limit for stability. I wonder has anyone had problems using them in their Tika ?

JR

Back