Stutzen = Rain

Cris

Why oh why doesit always rain if I pick up the Stutzen on a summer evening when I just fancy aleisurely walk around with a light weight rifle and no pressure to shootanything.

Last night was just one of those occasions when plans change and an opportunityto nip out unplanned arose.........along with the rain at 9pm to 10pm!

Did site and observe a Roe doe and twins for a bit before the rain howevernothing after it started.

Why worry...I used stutzens for over twenty years in all weathers......nae bother at all. Clean it when you get in and all's well. It won't melt & will shoot just fine when wet or dry. ATB

two world wars and almost all rifles were wood and steel
stuzens are lovely rifles easy on the shoulder friends of mine use them and swear by them wont use anything else all weathers no problems.

Why oh why doesit always rain if I pick up the Stutzen on a summer evening when I just fancy aleisurely walk around with a light weight rifle and no pressure to shootanything.

Last night was just one of those occasions when plans change and an opportunityto nip out unplanned arose.........along with the rain at 9pm to 10pm!

Did site and observe a Roe doe and twins for a bit before the rain howevernothing after it started.

Pictures of the Stutzen please

Chris, out mith my CF2 stutzen in 6.5x55 and yes, it rained.
Late on, I came across 4 roe does and two good bucks grazing on some recently cut scrub, in a corner of a field. Guessing the crops and surrounding woods were too wet for them. Turned round and left them to it.
The woodwork on the rifle was a bit damp but a towel down back at the car and couple of hours in the airing cupboard sorted it.

Back