Rspb

ha ha, i think some people would have some major issues if they woke up with reds in their gardens. ha ha

the Forrestry and Bds have carried out similar studies and forums on urban/peri-urban deer.

From one of the meetings i took away that the answer was, well put it this way it was not good news for the deer.

Not sure why Rspb wants a survey, maybe they want to add deer food to their shopping lists and sell to all the nice folk who feed wild animals.

cheers for that.
nice break in subject too.

Richard Bashford, the RSPB’s Make Your Nature Count project manager;

"Some of the species we’re asking people to look for we know very little about...."

Errrrr, why not stick to birds then you clown! :rolleyes:

The RSPB do own woodlands and they do manage deer within some of them too!;)
They do insist on lead-free bullet use though!:eek:

Afew years back i gave the RSPB permission to do a survey of songbirds in a area of woodland that is on the estate where i work.I asked if they would let me have the results when they were available.When the results came back i was gob-smacked to see included in the report that the wood was being degraded by over grazing by DEER.After i came down of the ceiling i phoned up the head man.I asked him if his surveyor was trained in ecology,flora or fauna,turned out he wasn`t,so i asked him how he came to his conclusion,the answer i got was because he saw their droppings,i asked did he know the difference between deer and sheep droppings,his boss didn`t know.I then informed him that the local crofters winter over 200 SHEEP IN THE WOOD!!!!!
j ust another example of the RSPB getting involved in something they nothing about.
Oh yes and they won`t` be getting permission from me again.

Hummel

Afew years back i gave the RSPB permission to do a survey of songbirds in a area of woodland that is on the estate where i work.I asked if they would let me have the results when they were available.When the results came back i was gob-smacked to see included in the report that the wood was being degraded by over grazing by DEER.After i came down of the ceiling i phoned up the head man.I asked him if his surveyor was trained in ecology,flora or fauna,turned out he wasn`t,so i asked him how he came to his conclusion,the answer i got was because he saw their droppings,i asked did he know the difference between deer and sheep droppings,his boss didn`t know.I then informed him that the local crofters winter over 200 SHEEP IN THE WOOD!!!!!
j ust another example of the RSPB getting involved in something they nothing about.
Oh yes and they won`t` be getting permission from me again.

Hummel

you are not alone in your experiences of the RSPB

worse still i see Loiuse Gray is the reporter once more............so sad
Time she found another band wagon to jump on that she actually knows about:D

Just had our 6th visit from the RSPB, one team watching the stone curluws and the others doing a bird count, funny the one that came this morning was talking to me about the deer he had seen.
be interesting to see what comes back in the report.

CF

Just had our 6th visit from the RSPB, one team watching the stone curluws and the others doing a bird count, funny the one that came this morning was talking to me about the deer he had seen.
be interesting to see what comes back in the report.

CF

They are welcome on my bit of ground anytime, maybe he can show me where the deer are as i cant find any:rofl:

ps. have a look at this is what its all about II

Last edited:
Back