Schultz & Larsen mods

Big Kev

Has anyone in stalking land got a Schultz & Larsen Superdome mod, how does it compare to other brands ?.

Has anyone in stalking land got a Schultz & Larsen Superdome mod, how does it compare to other brands ?.

Hi m8 i have the superdome and to my ears performs just aswell as my friends DPT mod and just as light i have this on my .270 and cant fault it for the price.

Hi m8 i have the superdome and to my ears performs just aswell as my friends DPT mod and just as light i have this on my .270 and cant fault it for the price.

I'm using the ASE Jet Z on both of mine, pretty good but heavy. I don't know if you've had anything to do with them, if you have would you say that there was a £120 worth of difference between them sound reduction wise ?

I'm using the ASE Jet Z on both of mine, pretty good but heavy. I don't know if you've had anything to do with them, if you have would you say that there was a £120 worth of difference between them sound reduction wise ?

Seriously i wouldnt say there was £120 of difference between them for £206 you get a very well made engineered bit of kit and you can also buy an extra baffle stack should you need it i find myself using my superdome on the .270 as mentioned and on my .222 .
Never compared them side by side but to me the sound reduction is quite good and its lightweight but you will always have a trade off when it comes to weight Vs Sound reduction
Out of intrest what cal you thinking of ?

Seriously i wouldnt say there was £120 of difference between them for £206 you get a very well made engineered bit of kit and you can also buy an extra baffle stack should you need it i find myself using my superdome on the .270 as mentioned and on my .222 .
Never compared them side by side but to me the sound reduction is quite good and its lightweight but you will always have a trade off when it comes to weight Vs Sound reduction
Out of intrest what cal you thinking of ?

Narrowed it down to one of three, 6.5x55 was my first thoughts but the 260 rem and the 7mm08 are getting some mulling over. I have been looking at the T3 CTR as I'm going back to a single calibre again but they only list it 260 & 308 so if I plump for that model it will be the 260.

I have a S&L mod on my 6.5x55, just as quiet as a wildcat P8 and much better balanced on the rifle, well worth the money.

Back