Nigelloh Backpack sling

ferretmanabu

Great bit of kit, but anyone else think serious design flaw in that the only thing securing it to sling swivel is a bit of flimsy velcro? I've put a couple of cable ties around it which has cured the problem, but I was surprised when I first got the sling that it was made like this.

Is this the same as a Ruck sling? If it is mine has a small metal fastner to keep it secure then the velcro goes over the top to tidy it up.
Al

Mine supports a 13.5lb rig and I have never had a slippage. It might look flimsy but it is in reality extremely strong. My only observation on the sling is that it took me an age to get used to smoothly slipping the rifle off of my back nearing the point of 'delivery.' Now I tend to switch to single-sling mode at the first sight of a stalkable deer, thus avoiding the panicked "Oh bother, I can't feel the release clasp.' moments. Of course, none of this will mean anything to anyone who hasn't used this type of sling...

Had 2 for about 10 years, as stated mine have metal rings that puls over the velcro, I like mine and would never use anythng else.

Have one myself. Great bit of kit, but find it very uncomfortable when you have a bipod attached to the rifle as it sticks right into your back.

I use the Z-Aim rifle harness and it is fast and easy to slip off but my T8 has nearly killed me twice when i tripped and fell.

I've had mine for a few years I cable tyed the left quick release so it can't come off & I've had no proble. great pice off kit

If it bounces then you have it too loose. The sling should hold firmly and allow you both hands free all the time.

Only when you need to unsling do you undo the clip and you then have a loose single shoulder sling for you to "handle the rifle" with.

More a hill sling than a woodland sling.

Stan

Bounce is probably the wrong word.
If you attach your rifle to the sling then put it on, so the rifle is vertical. The sling is firmly held in position but the rifle is free to twist from left to right hitting first one shoulder blade then the other unless you hold the stock.. I have found a picture on the bushwear site where he is wearing it at an angle. This stops the rifle swinging. Maybe I need to have a go at that, but it looks uncomfortable.

Try the gunslinger system, it's very good.
I have one and find it very good if not wearing a Roe sack.
I would certainly reckomend the Gunslinger for stalking without a back pack but am surprised I have never seen anybody else using one.
In fact I have not seen them advertised for quite a few years, are they still available or did they not catch on ?

Saw the result of someone using a gun slinger, it was wearing away the pistol grip on his rifle.Not what you want. On my ruk sling i have one of the slings slightly shorter than the other, stops any unwanted movement.
Al

I have used one for 10 years, if you tape one of the straps to the pistol grip on the non palm side it will hold the rifle flat against your back, if you have a moderater on your rifle it will always try to go diagonal across you back, the problem I have is the my bipod digs into my back if you do the straps up tight enough to stop it moving, eventualy it wears through my jacket but I am stalking and carrying a rifle every day.

Have had the gunslinger for a while now I have not had a problem with it used it mostly on the 223,however I have re -barreled and restocked my 270 so I've opted for the Niggeloh rifle sling ,this is still a work in progress so it is not yet attached hope I have made the right choice for £45.:confused:

I have used one for 10 years, if you tape one of the straps to the pistol grip on the non palm side it will hold the rifle flat against your back, if you have a moderater on your rifle it will always try to go diagonal across you back, the problem I have is the my bipod digs into my back if you do the straps up tight enough to stop it moving, eventualy it wears through my jacket but I am stalking and carrying a rifle every day.

Andy
Just to clarify. Are you using the Niggeloh or Gunslinger?

Back