www.laminategunstocks.co.uk / Paul Day

Sparko......
I had an enquiry with him on 20/8/12.... this was his reply.....

Hi David,
To give you an idea of all of the stock prices

Sporter non thumbhole in any colour laminate with rosewood tip and palmswell with maple spacers, 1" recoil pad and sling sivels would be £200.00 plus postage.
Duel grip/ straightline thumbhole as above £225.00+postage.
Wildcat thumbhole as above £235.00+postage.
Ebony tip and cap would be an extra £25.00.
A tackdriver in any colour laminate with 1" pad , slingswivels would be £235.00+postage
The target/ bench / Tactical stocks start at £250.00 with a 2.5" wide forearm, fitted with a 1" recoil pad.
The stocks take about 14 weeks.
I usualy ask for a 50% deposit to cover materials.
I offer a full refund if you not happy with the stock for any reason!
I supply fitting and finishing instructions with the stock.
please feel free to contact me if you would like a chat about the stocks.

Kindest regards,
Paul.
tel.01472 357988.

I do believe laminategunstocks.co.uk are a middle man for Richards Microfit, get your stock direct from Richards and save about £100, however beware, these stocks need a lot of work and i mean a lot, to turn then into anything of reasonable quality.

Ian.

whitebeard is right i got one for my mach 2 had to have some work done on it and bedding to lift the action so the barrel could float but i aint no good at stock work
end product turned out a nice job but doubt i would go down that road again not for a rimmy if i did i would have to get someone to finish it

You would be better off getting a stock from boyds if they have your action already finished ready to fit it that's what I done cheaper to......

....get your stock direct from Richards and save about £100, however beware, these stocks need a lot of work and i mean a lot, to turn then into anything of reasonable quality. Ian.

Ian. That's spot on. I got my Richards Microfit stock direct and the stock cost was trivial compared to getting it finished and pillar bedded. d foxxer has my stock and 243 now. Regards JCS

sorry to hijack the thread ,are boyd stocks any good im looking to restock my parker hale as it has a crack on the rear bolt mount,atb wayne

Having not seen an aftermarket boyds stock i cannot comment but they do come fully finished.
Judging by the finished factory examples i have seen they are a very nice stock but so is a Richards Microfit when its finished.

Ian.

Paul has had some bad luck, health wise and is shutting down the operation so taking no more orders.

Dont know about being a middle man, I was under the impression

That he bought blanks and then did the work himself.???

About the same time it took for my Boyds stock to arrive after placing an order with them

I have a few thing selling on evil bay at the moment, think I may invest a Boyd's stock for my 527 hornet :D
Pending that the final price will cover it :oops:

Neil. :)

Boyds stocks are awesome for the price around £125 delivered fully finished ready to fit

not all Boyd's finished stocks are straight forward to fit
due to all the differing trigger mechs some stocks although they are sold fully finished may still need some inleting
Mauser 98 actions are one such example but Boyds normally hav this info available in the description of the stocks in question
Worth reading all the info
ATB

Back