search for a gortexy cammo jacket that's not cammo

Olaf

Hi, I was hoping that someone could help me out. I recently saw a couple of very cool jackets in a cammo pattern that was sort of made up of loads of little squares ? Does anyone know what this type of pattern is called ? I thought it was good because you could get away with wearing it in public (on your way home from a stalk etc) without looking like a total sad case.
The jackets were a sort of Gortex shell job and had big collars and hoods on them, they were just what I was after. Does anyone know who makes gear like that ?
Your help would be gratefully received.

Kindest regards, Olaf

Sounds like the Berretta pattern, heard some one call it digiflage as it looks like pixels ! Don't know much about it though, sorry.

I used a DeerHunter until recently. Needed replaced but I came accross a Dutch army goretex jacket and it is fantastic. Full goretex, taped seams, lined jacjet and hood, wire stiffener in hood peak, reasonable storage, 2 way zip and full velcro storm flap. £50 !!!!!!!!!! Just used it all winter on the hill after reds and I would rate it as a better jacket than the Deerhunter ram type.

Hope that helps or have I just made things harder for you ?

Sounds like the Berretta pattern, heard some one call it digiflage as it looks like pixels ! Don't know much about it though, sorry.

I used a DeerHunter until recently. Needed replaced but I came accross a Dutch army goretex jacket and it is fantastic. Full goretex, taped seams, lined jacjet and hood, wire stiffener in hood peak, reasonable storage, 2 way zip and full velcro storm flap. £50 !!!!!!!!!! Just used it all winter on the hill after reds and I would rate it as a better jacket than the Deerhunter ram type.

Hope that helps or have I just made things harder for you ?

Any links to this brand? Also do they do trousers?

Good kit. Well made. I'm a 42" chest so went with Large. Sleeves are a bit long, but I can live with that...

Cheers
i.

There are also 4x30 round 5.56mm magazine pockets on the back - which is really handy if you're about to be overrun by a horde of foxes or the smaller deer species! The pistol access side zips are good if you're the sort of stalker that feels a .44 N frame Magnum revolver (or similar) is absolutely essential for 'humane despatch'. :)

I've had mine for a couple of years and rate it highly - lots of useful pockets and properly weatherproof. It's been snagged on enough dog rose and black thorn but still hasn't been ripped. Obviously designed for military applications (by someone who knows what they are doing), so more than adequate to stand up to the rigours of stalking. It is however, quite clearly a MTP type camouflage pattern.

There are also 4x30 round 5.56mm magazine pockets on the back - which is really handy if you're about to be overrun by a horde of foxes or the smaller deer species! The pistol access side zips are good if you're the sort of stalker that feels a .44 N frame Magnum revolver (or similar) is absolutely essential for 'humane despatch'. :)

I've had mine for a couple of years and rate it highly - lots of useful pockets and properly weatherproof. It's been snagged on enough dog rose and black thorn but still hasn't been ripped. Obviously designed for military applications (by someone who knows what they are doing), so more than adequate to stand up to the rigours of stalking. It is however, quite clearly a MTP type camouflage pattern.

LOL!

Plenty of pockets for knives, gloves, Sagen saw, pot of coffee etc...

Agreed, there are elements that are overkill for stalking, but it's warm, weatherproof and ATP/MTP which personally I rate...

Cheers
i.

As has been said, it sounds like "Optifade" camo.

It was developed by the Gore brand and is therefore only available on clothes that use their Goretex and Windstopper etc fabrics. It's apparently been designed around how deer see their environment.

You'll find it now in Beretta, Sitka Gear and Harkilla clothing lines.

Haven't a clue if it's any good or not though.

Talk to Corey Jacobsen at www.Elk101.com....he's a registered Sitka dealer and experienced Elk hunter (best online prices I've seen) and will help with recommendations
Even with current exchange rate, still saved nearly £150 buying Downpour Forest camo jacket and overtrousers online through Corey, as opposed to Bush Wear or similar

....couple of very cool jackets in a cammo pattern that was sort of made up of loads of little squares...

Weren't USMC digital combat pattern? Looks hideous up close but works quite well 100m out. Loads of blocked, random, squares in a DPM type overpattern.

Back