Pigeon decoys

danban

Hi guys I just wondered what decoys you recommend.
Real dead birds I know are best but it's not possible all the time.
Regards dan

Dan,

After a day on the pigeons I put a few shot birds in the freezer, then get them out the night before to defrost or if on the spur of the moment defrost in the microwave (as long as my wife is out of the house).
i use the shot birds on the rotary, flappers and bouncers then also have two dozen flock coated shells which I use to form the pattern.

Hope this helps.

ATB 243 Stalker.

Hi guys I just wondered what decoys you recommend.
Real dead birds I know are best but it's not possible all the time.
Regards dan

I freeze birds on my rotary cradles, works a treat as there is no de-frost time just fit them to the arms and off you go, when they get tatty I just pick out 2 nice birds and repeat the process.
If you freeze a few birds you can just use them on the ground, just make a heal mark and they will sit in the mark.
Just make sure you don't mix the old birds in with the fresh shot ones at the end of the day...

Tim.243

All you need is two preseved birds on your rotary, breast them take out entrails and inject formalin in fleshy parts and brain. Fix in rotary craddle and leave to dry. Couple months it will be rigid and you have the perfect lightweight real decoy on the rotary.

D

I think that if the pigeons are going to 'come' that they'll come to pretty much any decoy. I use four or five of the light pressed plastic shell type, three or four of the round body rubbery plastic type and have three or four cradles that I put shot birds in. I use all three types to set out a decoy pattern.

Back