Alcohol and Firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

For some reason at this time of year a considerable amount of FAC holders drink alcohol. If you are drunk in your own home you are still in charge of your firearms, so is that an offence?

I suspect that depends if anything happens involving your firearms or if there are any disturbances that create unwanted attention.

I suspect that depends if anything happens involving your firearms or if there are any disturbances that create unwanted attention.

Yes that's what I was thinking, but even if there is no disturbance is it an offence to be drunk in charge of firearms?
I know the answer and it would only take a disgruntled neighbour to drop one in it.

I occasionally like a drink. I know where my car keys are but I'd not go for a drive if I'd had a drink. I also know how to access my rifles but I'd not get them out if. I'd had a drink.
cant see the problem here

Last edited:
Are u really suggesting that ALL FAC/SGC turn tee total?

If ur guns are looked in the cabinet really cannae see the problem no matter how drunk i am

Not to put to fine a point on this thread. I fail to see why anyone would not use common sense. Keeping firearms is one thing, using them is another. So potentially anyone who is a registered firearms dealer or who works in a gun shop, let alone all of those who legally own a shotgun or a rifle or who have access to them, such as the military or police are not allowed to partake of a drink??

Like some one has already pointed out, I have a car, I have the keys, but I wouldn't dream of driving the car when I have been drinking alcohol. likewise I wouldn't dream of using a rifle or shotgun under the influence of drink.

This thread is now closed as it has the potential to turn into a pointless argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back