Over selling sydicate places

vulpinehunter

Hope you have not been down this road!
I seem to have done it again.
I joined sydicate four years ago and it was found there were 18 members instead of the eight I was told when I joined.
Lost my money as it was closed down and investigated by firearms and land owns.
Chap lost his fac but was not fined and banned from all forms of shooting as I understand.

I now think I am in the same situation.
Has anyone else had this happen and if possible where??? please be discrete! pm me with delicate tales.
I intend to take this other chap to court and have very good friend who is lawyer who is very happy to fight my end for me if it comes to court.
I feel that these chaps who over sell places in syndicate can do so without any comeback.
Your thoughts on this and any experiences you may have would be most interesting.
Again please pm me with your "bad" tales and do not mention names on this forum please.

From what you often hear it's not just over selling of places on syndicates you her about, but the selling of places on ground that holds sod all weight of deer!!!!

"From what you often hear it's not just over selling of places on syndicates you hear about, but the selling of places on ground that holds sod all weight of deer!!!! "

That's happened to me!

"From what you often hear it's not just over selling of places on syndicates you hear about, but the selling of places on ground that holds sod all weight of deer!!!! "

That's happened to me!

Honestly, some of the stories I've heard over the last few years from guys I trust makes the blood boil, an I'm not even the aggrieved party!!!

Hope you have not been down this road!
I seem to have done it again.
I joined sydicate four years ago and it was found there were 18 members instead of the eight I was told when I joined.
Lost my money as it was closed down and investigated by firearms and land owns.
Chap lost his fac but was not fined and banned from all forms of shooting as I understand.

I now think I am in the same situation.
Has anyone else had this happen and if possible where??? please be discrete! pm me with delicate tales.
I intend to take this other chap to court and have very good friend who is lawyer who is very happy to fight my end for me if it comes to court.
I feel that these chaps who over sell places in syndicate can do so without any comeback.
Your thoughts on this and any experiences you may have would be most interesting.
Again please pm me with your "bad" tales and do not mention names on this forum please.

I may have been one of the 18 and also nearly lost my money, although after a little
persuasion I received a full refund ... I would be interested to hear if this was
the same ground ..

Ground to shoot on is at a serious premium at the moment, and note I say shoot not even stalk . . .the last few leases I have tendered for I have been blown completely out of the water with crazy bids. . .there is no end in sight either.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that my syndicates are bursting full of deer, however they are completely transparent and all memebers are given each others contact details . . . .If a lease holder refuses to do this I would be asking why?

Last edited:
vulpine hunter it is a buyer beware market but 8 posts is i feel a bit early for anyone to start giving you sensitive details.

I nearly went into one the start of last year which was a private ground and started to ask questions it turned out there was more on the ground than i was told about so i backed out somebody else took a spot and there has not been deer seen and at a grand its alot for me to lose in a year I hope you get sorted,wayne

A few years ago I tried to get the stalking on some ground near me, that the large commercial shoot I loaded and picked up for took the occasional guest out on for roe. They were packing it in and it was the shoot manager who suggested I approach the owners. For whatever reason they ended up giving the ground to a guy who in return was meant to provide them with 2 or 3 days driven pheasants. He put a syndicate on the ground. Two brothers I knew joined. One of them told me their first days briefing included instruction to shoot any roe deer that came through the line of guns!!!!!! He then discovered while having a beer in his local, a guy he knew who also shot had joined a new syndicate so the conversation turned to where they both shot. Transpired they were on the same ground but in different syndicates!!!! The estate owners shot single figure bags on their days despite it supposedly being 100 bird days. This joker also had the use of the estate 4x4 and quad. Last I heard was that the estate owners and several syndicate members were going through lawyers to recover money.

They're out there!!!!! :-|

That was my experience at the first syndicate I joined. A lot of money down the pan. I now have learned the hard way and thankfully found someone decent and transparent to offer me a syndicate place.

The moral of the story? Ask, visit, look and learn before you pay...

I would never join a syndicate full stop .stalking would have to be with with bezzy mates or I wouldn't entertain it ,I just know it wouldn't be for me even if I was desperate .far too many horror stories now .
norma

Hi VH.
Sorry to hear your horror story and hope you sort it/him out, its truly a buyers beware scenario im afraid.
The only advice I could give would be to know someone in it or someone who knows someone in it if you get my drift. Then still do some homework and ask lots of question.
Im in a syndicate that im very happy with and love going as often as I can, however I can easily see how the darker element can rip people off after all you only have to look at the introductions page on here to see how many people are joining this site alone and it would be interesting to see how many are getting granted a firearms licence with deer control on it.
Just out of interest could administration please post how many new members have joined in this year please to give a little weight to my point.
Kind regards Jimmy

Not a Syndicate member myself, however have heard all the stories...looked up the meaning and it fits the bill on several points...

A syndicate is a self-organizing group of individuals, companies, corporations or entities formed to transact some specific business, or to promote a common interest. In most cases formed groups aim to scale up their profits. Although there are many legal syndicates formed around the world, people tend to link the term syndicate to various criminal activities. In the case of criminal activity, the syndicate is there to promote, and engage in, organized crime. The term is also associated with anarchist theory, specifically anarcho-syndicalism, in which it forms an alternative to both the nation state and capitalist corporations.[SUP][1][/SUP]
atb

That's happened to me!

Yes, I've had my wallet emptied by a 'syndicate' a long time ago. One thing that still puzzles me is where you go to hire the stunt roe deer that are grazing all over the ground when you go to view it and are never seen again?

Regards

JCS

after all you only have to look at the introductions page on here to see how many people are joining this site alone and it would be interesting to see how many are getting granted a firearms licence with deer control on it.
Just out of interest could administration please post how many new members have joined in this year please to give a little weight to my point.
Kind regards Jimmy

Eh...?!?!?

How does joining this site have an automatic link to being granted a FAC with Deer on it? The number of new members to this forum can not be relied on to give you an idea of how many recent FACs have been granted with Deer conditions on it, for this you'd want to make a request under the freedom of information act to the Police.

For or instance personally I've held my FAC for a number of years and have had a CF slot with deer condition for the past 3 years, yet I've not done anything with it until now. I've almost bought a cf in the past when I wasn't a member here too, so you see my point regarding using the number of new members to this forum as an indicator.

Other newbie good point , I Have a had FAC For thirty years with deer AND Fox (and now AOLQ) 233, 243, 270, MY Base land dose not hold DEER I Always manage to shoot a few Deer how and then , well have to pay mostly,, though the nose of course , but that's life thank god for charlie

Eh...?!?!?

How does joining this site have an automatic link to being granted a FAC with Deer on it? The number of new members to this forum can not be relied on to give you an idea of how many recent FACs have been granted with Deer conditions on it, for this you'd want to make a request under the freedom of information act to the Police.

For or instance personally I've held my FAC for a number of years and have had a CF slot with deer condition for the past 3 years, yet I've not done anything with it until now. I've almost bought a cf in the past when I wasn't a member here too, so you see my point regarding using the number of new members to this forum as an indicator.
And with respect I think you have missed my point also, my point was that there are a great many new members joining here daily this in itself is a benchmark as to the growing interest in our sport that was my point regarding this site and I was generally speaking as to wondering how many new firearms certs are issued yearly I have not the time nor the inclination to apply to the correct departmentfor an exact number.
However my point being relevant to this thread is all these new people coming to the sport wanting somewhere to shoot is leaving the door open for some unscrupulous people to take advantage of this !!
Now do you understand my point ?
Regards
Jimmy

And with respect I think you have missed my point also, my point was that there are a great many new members joining here daily this in itself is a benchmark as to the growing interest in our sport that was my point regarding this site and I was generally speaking as to wondering how many new firearms certs are issued yearly I have not the time nor the inclination to apply to the correct departmentfor an exact number.
However my point being relevant to this thread is all these new people coming to the sport wanting somewhere to shoot is leaving the door open for some unscrupulous people to take advantage of this !!
Now do you understand my point ?
Regards
Jimmy

Yeah I guess so, sorry if I took your point out of context.

Even though the site is growing in numbers doesn't mean the sport is growing at the same sort of rate, it probably is fair to say that it is becoming increasingly popular though.

Joined a forestry lease with "6" people....
Cull target of 45 deer
saw 3 deer in 18 visits, always the wrong sex, entire place was being lampd heavily on all sides
syndicate "manager" gave disingenuous "advice" on where to access, relationships with neighbours etc

expensive learning experience!!

Back