Just added another

hughsurrey

Just added a Howa 1500 thumbhole stock .243 varmint to my cabinet.

I am a big fan of synthetic stocks having a Tikka T3 lite in .308, a Remmy 700 Varmint in .223 and a CZ .22LR all with synthetic stocks but I think I have now been converted to laminate. When I first picked the new one up it felt very comfortable and came up to my eye easily. Having taken it down to Bisley last sunday, it shoots as well as it looks,

Ill put up a pic when I have one and have read the destructions on posting.

I have two 1500 Howa's

A 300WSM in a laminated stock and a 22-250 in a synthetic, adjustable stock (heavy varmint barrel)

The laminate stock is quite heavy, but very stable and very well made. If anything, the heavier stock is a bonus on the 300!

I have been very impressed with both rifles and the only change I have made has been to have a little trigger work done on both rifles. The triggers were not that bad, but I just felt they could be improved a bit.

I have heard the occasional bad story about Howas but I have always put that down to a bit of "badge snobbery" at some shooting clubs I have attended rather than actual fact.

Well done on the new acquisition, I am sure you wont regret it and it will give many years reliable service.

russ

Cheers russ, I am loving it!

My Remmy 700 VS .223
223.jpg

My CZ .22lr
22lr.jpg

My Tikka T3 Lite .308
308.jpg

And the Howa 1500 .243
243.jpg

Back