cz 452 replacement trigger

private fraser

I've been looking at Timney and Rifle Basix etc. replacement triggers for my cz452 in .22lr.
Does anyone have experience / recommendations?.

I'd prefer to replace the trigger assembly rather than mess about with springs and bearings.

Thanks,

fraser

Why, the spring kit is easy to fit and no bother. It's possibly less trouble than fitting a new trigger and it's also much cheaper.

Now don't let the side down by throwing your money away, or are you not a Scotsman and only an incomer.:lol:

Why, the spring kit is easy to fit and no bother. It's possibly less trouble than fitting a new trigger and it's also much cheaper.

Now don't let the side down by throwing your money away, or are you not a Scotsman and only an incomer.:lol:

I think that the replacement trigger assy's are adjustable for pull etc.
Far as I can see, the kits are just put the bits in and that's it, maybe I'm being too fussy.

​I don't mind spending a bit as long as it's good value.
​If it's not it's doomed, aye, dooomed :)

Fair enough if it's an adjustable unit you are after.
It's just that all the people I know are, like myself, too tight to spend anymore than they absolutely have to so have gone for a spring kit and all have been very happy with the results.

I have a rifle basix in mine, easy to fit. It has performed faultlessly for 5 years now. Having had the trigger kit initially I can say that the rifle basics is much better. Buy direct from them in the US, just got two for my Winny's and it was 10 days from order to arrival.

Rimfire Magic

Trust me on this one,, the kits are superb, cheap easy to fit yourself, and transform the trigger.

Can I ask whether any of you have actually kept the original trigger/spring that came with the rifle? Mine is a .17 hmr and I do not have any problems with the triger whatsoever. It is smooth and easy from the first shot I took. I bought the riffle new and I have had around 100 shots with it yet.

+ one with rake aboot, I really rate the rimfire magic trigger kit, it is all you need.
sinbad

I have used all the options on various CZ's.
RB I would not use again as it cannot be safely set as light as the stock trigger with a well fitted and fettled kit.
The various aftermarket adjustable sears are also very good, better and more adjustable than either the RB or a kit.
The kits are ok for what they are, and the best is the Yodave kit, available from e-bay.
The Timney is great, and is also the only full trigger system replacement available at the present time.
It does need some inletting work to fit, but it isn't hard to do, what it will do is give you light smooth trigger that
once set will stay set. Unlike the trigger kits that will need fettling from time to time as the alloy tube wears, which it will.

Neil. :)

I have the rimfire magic kit fitted last week.

Much lighter and crisper. But initially too light: it discharged spontaneously when I took the safety off on one occasion, so it needed readjusting.

I have the Timney in my old Brno Mod 2. It's as good as if not better than the trigger in my Heym. The rim fire magic kit whilst it lightens the pull and takes out the backlash doesn't work nearly as well. I tried it first, it was a big improvement but the Timney is a whole different ball game. Bit more expensive and you do need five minutes of woodwork, but chalk and cheese by comparison.

I have the Timney in my old Brno Mod 2. It's as good as if not better than the trigger in my Heym. The rim fire magic kit whilst it lightens the pull and takes out the backlash doesn't work nearly as well. I tried it first, it was a big improvement but the Timney is a whole different ball game. Bit more expensive and you do need five minutes of woodwork, but chalk and cheese by comparison.

P,

didn't know that could be replaced, I have an old .22lr brno mod 2 with a factory trigger, you saying there's a timney replacement? that's fantastic news and might just give the old boy a few more decades in the cabinet :)

Back