recommendation’s for a 17hmr

charlie 1

I am looking for some recommendation’s for a 17hmr I like laminated wood and am not bothered about blued or stainless, my budget is £400 to £700 any recommendations?

charlie 1

CZ452 or CZ455 - accurate, sturdy, and reliable. Have fun!

You may want to look at bullberry barrel works data on barrel length in the HMR. 16" is great (it's what I have) but if you want to push the distance to the max then there's evidence to suggest a 20" barrel gives the edge.

If you're in a vehicle go 16" though!

Yes the CZ would be my vote. The Rimfire Magic trigger kit is well worth a tenner too.
Triffid

CZ with thumbhole laminate stock and heavy barrel is ace. I am on my second, as the first went erratic after +- 15000 rounds, but had no hesitation at all in getting same again. Get a 10 shot mag while you are at it. Good Luck, Todhunter

CZ and the Rimfire magic trigger kit. Keep the barrel clean with rods and brushes - not a boresnake!

Had a very nice Savage Thumbhole laminate stainless , highly recommended. Sold it however as always wanted a 1517 thumbhole and one became available for a good price, WOW great rifle , trigger,stock , accuracy , build , all top drawer , buy one you wont regret it
cheers
craig

There is an allternative to the conventional wisdom on the HMR. This option uses the same case, but shoots a 33gr .224" bullet.

I would suggest you give it serious consideration.....:stir:

A CZ is the logical answer but if you like laminate and want some alternatives don't overlook the Savage thumbhole which is a fine rifle with a nice trigger and take a look at Ruger.

I love my Weihrauch HW60j but I wish more HMRs were available as floated laminates. All the looks of wood with the easy clean of synthetic. Ideal for a rimfire.

Agree with Paul LCB regards cleaning. Zero it spotless and clean it properly back to spotless regularly - I do mine every 100 rounds- and it will be a well behaved drill whatever you buy. I've found Forrest Borefoam is the fastest way back to sqeaky clean patches.

A CZ is the logical answer but if you like laminate and want some alternatives don't overlook the Savage thumbhole which is a fine rifle with a nice trigger and take a look at Ruger.

I love my Weihrauch HW60j but I wish more HMRs were available as floated laminates. All the looks of wood with the easy clean of synthetic. Ideal for a rimfire.

Agree with Paul LCB regards cleaning. Zero it spotless and clean it properly back to spotless regularly - I do mine every 100 rounds- and it will be a well behaved drill whatever you buy. I've found Forrest Borefoam is the fastest way back to sqeaky clean patches.

I have rebarreled two Ruger 17HMRs. Go with the CZ or even the Savage.~Muir

Back