Goose shooting Orkney

A couple of guys on another site had a bad experiance but I suppose its all down to who you go with ,best of luck anyway mate.

Before you consider a fowling trip to Orkney bare in mind that the shore line is not the property of the crown and Orkney is governed by udal law. In laymans terms you can't just shoot below the high tide mark.

Been once with birds of prey, and went back the following year shooting. Pretty dam good, The farmer who owned the ground was a gentleman and welcomed us (6 hairy blokes) into his home. Times never to forget. Go mate and you will never forget it, Awesome place.

Cam.

Before you consider a fowling trip to Orkney bare in mind that the shore line is not the property of the crown and Orkney is governed by udal law. In laymans terms you can't just shoot below the high tide mark.
Is Orkney not part of the UK?
what is different about their land law?

A good friend of mine goes up every two years. He books into a b&b, asks around the local farms who seem more than happy to be rid of a few geese and away he goes. I have heard of goose guides charging silly money for a week & less shooting than he has.

Back