WANTED drive shaft for hilux

woodfordfallow

Hi my toyota has the need for a n/s/f drive shaft.Its been the best truck ever 118000 miles .off road most days and had very little done to it. I have done 101000 of them myself.keith 12 1.jpg
But i am finding it hard to find a s/h shaft for it. The inner cv joint is the one going wrong.
Its a 2004 d4d 280 2500 diesel.

cant you just change the CV?

what is wrong with it?
They can often be rebuilt with good results (CV's that is)

cant you just change the CV?

what is wrong with it?
They can often be rebuilt with good results (CV's that is)
We had a new outer last year its the inner one gone now.
Exchange only with my old one. so my truck off the road for a week. £300 new. No two deer jokes please.
regards woodfordfallow

Mine went a couple of years ago, I just replaced the cv joint though? Bought one off eBay for about £50?

Roughtrax or Milner off road.

Mine went a couple of years ago, I just replaced the cv joint though? Bought one off eBay for about £50?

Roughtrax or Milner off road.
The driveshaft has two joints. the outer cv...the inner cv ...you cannot buy the inner. you have to buy a complete shaft.
we have already replaced the outer last year now the inner has started to rumble.So best case for me buy a second hand shaft and put my good outer cv joint on it.
but thanks for your help woodfordfallow

The driveshaft has two joints. the outer cv...the inner cv ...you cannot buy the inner. you have to buy a complete shaft.
we have already replaced the outer last year now the inner has started to rumble.So best case for me buy a second hand shaft and put my good outer cv joint on it.
but thanks for your help woodfordfallow

who told you that?
The inner is just press fitted onto the shaft like the outer one
The shaft is just a splined bar, unless bent it wont need replacing

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/Hilux_Max/Picture.jpg

The lack of range of movement in the inner means they tend to last longer but unless the boot has gone dumping the grease and running the CV dry I would get someone to check the transfer box output bearing.
you do not want to fork out for a CV only to find out the rumbling is coming from the box not the CV

Thanks for your remarks .I have been to the part's dept.They say they don't do an inner. we have already dianosed the fault and I know how i all works.
but for your infomation the joint is faulty and if you know where i can get one i will buy it. I did run my own garage for 12 years.

Many thamks for the help and pm. Got one on the way from scotland. Its hard to find parts for toyota hilux because you have to write on off to get the bits or they go on for ever.This thing of mine has been off road working most of its life 118000 miles.The next vehicle i get will be a toyota good for pulling out broken down landrovers. :rofl:

got the front diff and shafts out of one i scrapped years ago think it was g reg or i got a k reg surf in the yard in bristol. will be at my yard in teingnmouth on sat sunday if you want the diff and shafts take me out somewhere diffent send me your email address and ill send you photo see if its the same jon 07710396707

I would ask on the Hilux pickup owners club forum, (google hpoc), But I think the independent front suspension hilux cv joints up to and including the MK5 are the same as the ones fitted to hilux Surfs, which are in scrapyards everywhere and regularly broken on Ebay. If it ever stops raining I've got one to do as well !

I would ask on the Hilux pickup owners club forum, (google hpoc), But I think the independent front suspension hilux cv joints up to and including the MK5 are the same as the ones fitted to hilux Surfs, which are in scrapyards everywhere and regularly broken on Ebay. If it ever stops raining I've got one to do as well ![/QUOTE

]Thanks for the info i did have some trouble getting one.They are differant from the older hilux but if i went to that site i bet they would have told me .Now if i one those noisy, cold, no room to swing a cat, old fasion Landrovers. I'll bet i could have found parts every were. The scrap yards are full of them. I don't know why, Is it because they breakdown all the time or mabe their owners just find out about a toyota hilux and scap them. cheers woodfordfallow

Back