Browning X-Bolt .308 with One Less Charlie Sound Mod

Hey guys, in the last year I have brought a Browning X-Bolt in .308 with a Schmidt & Bender scope. At first I had problems zeroing my rifle I later found out that this was caused by poor machining of the scope bases what come with the x-bolt. After having replacement mounts I was able to zero the rifle. I then went to purchase a sound mod, with it fitted to my rifle I went to monmouth range yesterday and I was unable to get the rifle to zero due to it shooting off to the left exactly the same problem i was having before. (This was at 25 yards and the scope dialed as far to the right as possible) Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this? Could it be the mounts again? Or could it be the mod?

Cheers Rhys

Rhys pop down the range tomorrow morning Sunday 9th and we will try it without the mod.

The club will be open from 10.00 to 12.30. We will see if we can narrow down the problem.

it has to be the moderator, if it was shooting fine before then when you put it on it was having problems then its the modertor unless i missed somthing?

It was shooting fine with a moddy before but had problems with the moddy and had it replaced with the same make but different type, if it is the moddy is there a solution without changing it or would i need a new mod?

Last edited:
Just wait and see Pal. We will try it with and without the mod and also look at the scope and mounts and by trial and error try and tie down just what your problem is. It's probably something silly and easily rectified it usually is.

Back