Help on ammo safe

matmull243

Hi the needing some advice on a ammo safe ! Just bought my self my first gun cabinet and I need a ammo safe to go with it don't need a big one just one big enought for a three or four boxes of ammo can any suggest what they use and where I could get one thanks Matt

Have a look online plenty of small safes available fou under £50 just need a suitable location for it
you say you have just bought a gun cabinet, should have got one with a lockable ammo storage included
Cheers
Ray

My FEO advised the cheapest safe large enough, Argos was fine, he also said combination better than keys as then no issue of keys security, ie mods ammo and cabinet keys in the safe. Don't forget to change battery before it goes flat and keep over ride key in a separate secure private place. Tom

got 2 b n q smalls ,25 quid each .2 keys police approved and even come with fixings mine hold enough ammo to keep me happy and are strong enough to keep my feo happy.dont DONT get a keypad safe.theres so many video,s on you tube where theyre opened in seconds atb

I have recently had an issue with this, so would like to pass on the lesson I learnt! Buy big first time!

I initially had only RFs and bought a small safe from Screwfix I think it was for £30. Worked perfectly. But then I got in to CFs and needed something bigger as I had a locked military ammo box as well as the small safe and it was all getting a bit messy.

Bought the Buffalo River one, £55 in my local gunshop. Wish I had done this straight away! Can get bolts, silencers, magazines and enough ammo for all 3 calibres to start WW3! Also when we go away the valuables can go in there too.

I've got a brand new un mounted ammo safe for sale with keys and mounting holes it's the same colour as a brattonsound and very heavy duty

itll hold about 20 boxes of shotgun carts so about 500 just to give you an idea on size

pm me if your interested

B&Q etc safes are fine just check they say police approved or in accordance with the criteria number (whatever it is).

Size is the main worry of most people as big as you can fit in would be my advice personally.

mine is a lock top in built in approximately 30cmX20cmX15cm (ish) which can comfortably hold,

200 shotgun cartridges

150 .22

100 Centerfire

a tub of pyrodex and some other black powder paraphernalia (bullets caps etc)

and bolts.

never personally had the need to store any more than that.

as long as its not really in the way or can't be tucked away out of sight it isn't too big.

In regards to lock type key and or biometrics not number pad.

Scooby

B&Q ones are fine. Well they are in Northumbria Police eyes anyway, that's what I use with the pin code so you don't need to worry about keys lying around.

Screwfix have electronic safes on offer in current sale, 20% off cheapest is £20 for a 4 litre.

D

Speaking of safes, has anyone ever seen a one that has the door hinged on the left hand side as you look at the front of the safe? Where I have mine is a right pain as you have to lean over the door and I don't really have a better place to put it. A safe with the door hung the other way would be perfick.

Speaking of safes, has anyone ever seen a one that has the door hinged on the left hand side as you look at the front of the safe? Where I have mine is a right pain as you have to lean over the door and I don't really have a better place to put it. A safe with the door hung the other way would be perfick.

Turn it upside down ???

200 shotgun cartridges

150 .22

100 Centerfire

a tub of pyrodex and some other black powder paraphernalia (bullets caps etc)

and bolts.

Scooby

That sounds like a bomb with a few projectiles thrown in!

Don't the powers that be recommend keeping powder in a wooden box?

That sounds like a bomb with a few projectiles thrown in!

Don't the powers that be recommend keeping powder in a wooden box?

that's black powder which is an explosive and has legal storage requirements and needs a licence to buy

modern Smokeless powder is a propellant

how much do you link is in several hundred rounds of loaded ammo stored as law says in a metal locked box ;)

Back