Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone having problems deer poachers?

Anyone having problems deer poachers?

I live on glos/Herefordshire borders and a lot of the land I stalk is in Herefordshire. Unfortunately there seems to be some real problems lately with people poaching deer at night. There was even a bit on the inside out tv program about police trying to stop this. Just wondered if anyone else noticed increase in this lately. I'm pretty sure they've been on my land as I normally see fallow most times I go on my land and neighbouring land but haven't seen any at all recently.

I rent a patch of ground in the South Lakes, 9 months ago it was full of deer, now there are very few and they have gone nocturnal.

The keeper was taken off 9 months ago, I go up and park and watch 3-4 pickups with guys in, wearing cammo, drive by at walking pace most times I am there.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Night vision is the way forward somebody said

I heard you needed a licence now,somebody suggested it.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

My brother does a fair amount of his stalking in Herefordshire and is really struggling with poachers, personally I'd favour night vision and a massive windscreen sticker that is virtually impossible to peel off with POACHER ALERT printed on it whacked straight across the windscreen and then reporting them to the police, they'll still be there when the police arrive!

It's been done in Russia with people using the pavement as a shortcut http://fb-54.dailymegabyte.com/scumbag-dri...t-deserve/

Then that would be criminal damage, you would be in more trouble than them , you know that the law is an ass

Would it? It isn't impossible to remove, just a massive inconvenience, then in the meantime if plod turn up through an anonymous tip off and find a boot full of venison! I know the law is an ass, but its just a big parking ticket

Glassed a couple of lads on a walk over a perm at beginning of week, no camo no gun and not dog in sight at the time but they were looking for something, just over an hour n half later saw the same 2 plus another get out of a small van in a gateway other end of the same ground still no dog, still looked normal in civvies, & they left, defo suspicious but nothing else, then on a last walk about to re position a camera, I saw 2 dogs moving up a hedge but not on my perm, waited and glassed them to get a better look, 1 deerhound cross of some sorts and a beddlington, they looked knackered and tounges out, caught up with them at a break in the hedge line, they had been running for sure, and looked like they had been in a tussle a bit muddy and sweated up. I thought about taking them but figured not.
    What can you do other than try as been suggested to set them up for a fall, this was late afternoon early evening so not even bothered about being seen. Get's on my tits they are so blatant.

got a phone call from a m8 asking if me n me pals were enjoying our pigeon shooting .wtf i said im here on me tod .he says well theres a white van parked near your volvo.goes for a stroll well now sir if it isnt 3 young travelling chaps with their dags .the land owner loves his hare,s <beyond off limits>.soon as i rang n told im he want ballistic and ring the old bill.mm whilst advising them that the police were on the way they agreed to get lost their DA turns up in his ford ranger with no front or rear number plate.so nowt to give the police .i ring n the farmer passes on the info to the police who arrived 3 hours later to say theres no one there

Quote Originally Posted by NickyA View Post
    Would it? It isn't impossible to remove, just a massive inconvenience, then in the meantime if plod turn up through an anonymous tip off and find a boot full of venison! I know the law is an ass, but its just a big parking ticket
    The university I was at years ago did this if you parked against their regulations. Sheet of A4 glued on and took hours of scraping to get it off. Possibly non permenant criminal damage but I never heard of anyone reporting it and I highly doubt the police would follow it up.

This is would be quicker and less likely to get you in trouble than letting their tyres down.