Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know Your a Deer Stalker When...

You Know Your a Deer Stalker When...

For a bit of a laugh. Post whatever you like, Ill get the ball rolling....

You Know Your a Deer Stalker When... You contantly look for tracks when walking the dog.

You Know Your a Deer Stalker When... You almost exclusivley dress in natural colours

You Know Your a Deer Stalker When... People at work are'nt alarmed when they ask "What did you do the weekend?" You reply "Just went stalking on saturday..."

You Know Your a Deer Stalker When... You dont by clothing because it rustles/is noisy

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

When you are sitting out in the rain. With your finest rifle.
    Last edited by finnbear270; 26-03-2010 at 11:37. Reason: afterthought
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

You know you are a Deer Stalker when...

...you find yourself swerving about on the road because you are too busy nosing over hedges into fields
    ...you find yourself shouting at the telly when anything concerning deer is inaccurate ...and then ranting about it on SD
    ...the Avon Catalogue lady will no longer come to your door since she saw you jet washing a buck's head
    ...there is no such thing as plastic storage boxes, only carcass trays
    ...you find yourself subconsciously looking for slots and browse lines in the most ridiculous places

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    You are driving and realise you spend more time looking in the fields for deer than you do looking at the road ahead
    You can explain why Googling for "anal tush" is not against company Internet policy
    You actually think it might be pretty cool to have one of those German hunting horns
    You have three freezers, and one of them is full of venison
    You think Advantage Camo is a primary colour
    You can make a valid and rational argument that you can never have too many jackets

willie_gunn
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 26-03-2010 at 11:44.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    You know you are a Deer Stalker when...

...you find yourself swerving about on the road because you are too busy nosing over hedges into fields
    Bet your SatNav (or in my case, mrs willie_gunn) also shouts at you

You know you are a deer stalker.......... When coming back from your sisters funeral you stop the car, laden with aunts, to look at a new group of deer that have moved onto your patch. "Pass the binoculars auntie, please. Quickly, they are in the glove box". Sad but true!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

You know you are a deerstalker when your rifle and scope cost more than the car you are driving.....

You know you are a deerstalker when your the boot of your car is carefully packed with your stalking gear - all season, you only need add rifle and ammo and you can hit the road with 90 seconds notice.....

You know you are a deerstalker when your kids teachers think you are a pyschopath.....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Shoot 3hinds on a restock on the way to your mothers for x-mas lunch

Kids were impressed, wife wasn't she didn't get why I had a rifle with me or why I had to turn round and fetch a trailer and quad

[I know x-mas day is a no no, but I was very keen then and I didn't claim overtime]

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    You can make a valid and rational argument that you can never have too many jackets

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Theirs some good ones sad but very true.