Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zeiss and swarovski scopes

zeiss and swarovski scopes

this of another site zeiss and swarovski withdrawing warranties if used on moderated rifle ie centrefires due to the recoil damaging the reticles i think this is a wind up any ideas

I would equate that to buying tyres for your car & then being told not to fit them!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sounds like b*llocks. Can't speak of Zeiss, but Swaro after sales service is legendary. I doubt they would risk this reputation for the very small number of returns it might save them, that is even supposing an exclusion is enforceable, which I doubt.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

My mate has just got a swaro "a" line back from repair(last year) they said it was a moderated rifle what damaged the reticule.
    Apparently the z scopes have different reticule system and are more reliable with mods.

The "A" series scopes have a different erector assembly (read cheaper) that the P or Z series. It is known that a Mod on a rifle can cause a different recoil movement (like a springer airgun) which can be hard on scopes.

Never heard of Swaro refusing to repair one.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

joseph begsboel of zeiss has confirmed it will be written in new guarantees but will not affect already owned this is going to piss people right of

So does that leave it open for them to state they think it was a mod that was responsible for the damage, so you will have to cough up?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I can say with 100% certainty that Swarovski will cover your scope no matter what type of rifle you use it on.

It did used to be the case that the reticule could break on older model scopes but Swarovski always replaced the broken scope because of this and replaced the reticule with an etched reticule to prevent it happening again.

All modern scopes from Swarovski now come with an etched reticule.

Had problems in the past with Zeiss but have found Swarovski's service second to none.

Hope that helps a bit.

S.

how would they know that the scope was being used on a moderated rfle?

steve

I would imagine THEY will know by the type of (or way in which) the reticule has broken.??