Thread: .308 Brno ZKK601 & Zeiss Jena ZF4 scope

.308 Brno ZKK601 & Zeiss Jena ZF4 scope

Brno ZKK 601 rifle in .308, complete with it's dedicated ZF4 x4 Zeiss Jena scope on the correct ZZK601 quick release rail-mount. It has a floor-plate magazine that holds 4 rounds. I will include a set of appropriate 30mm scope mounts if you want to remove the surprisingly good 4x scope to fit something more contemporary.

The rifle is circa 1968-70 and is in great condition for it age, having done very little work judging by the great condition of the bore. The nicely figured stock has a few light scuffs and dings to the original lacquer finish but nothing major. The barrel has some light wear to the bluing at the muzzle and a the usual witness marks caused by the reflex mod'.

It is threaded 1/2"x20 UNF for a moderator - there is a mint condition T8 that can come with it at additional cost.

The price for the rifle & scope is 350 and for rifle, scope & moderator is 450.

This
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

stunning. simply a crime against humanity that rifle was butchered for a moderator, what a god awful shame.

is that rifle with the fold down peep sight under the mount in the rear receiver bridge? I suspect not given the rear sight blade.

if that rifle had a proper original front sight re-installed, a good rust blue, and oil finish, it would make a real stunning collectors piece.

Whilst I have no need for this rifle, apart from desire, I would truly love to restore this for someone who would use with that scope and the old iron sights for boar, etc. irrespective, what a steal at that price, esp. with the decent wood layout not often seen in that model.

Probably worth making a perfect match thread protector and threadlock it on!!

David.

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    stunning. simply a crime against humanity that rifle was butchered for a moderator, what a god awful shame.

is that rifle with the fold down peep sight under the mount in the rear receiver bridge? I suspect not given the rear sight blade.

if that rifle had a proper original front sight re-installed, a good rust blue, and oil finish, it would make a real stunning collectors piece.

Whilst I have no need for this rifle, apart from desire, I would truly love to restore this for someone who would use with that scope and the old iron sights for boar, etc. irrespective, what a steal at that price, esp. with the decent wood layout not often seen in that model.
    Sadly, the rifle came to me already threaded for a moderator - I'm not guilty of such a heinous act.

There isn't a fold out peep sight in the receiver, just the folding rear blade sight on the barrel. I'd be tempted to have a properly regulated thread protector made to carry a front sight blade and get it re-blued if I didn't have several other rifle projects already on the go.

The rifle has been sitting unused and gathering dust in a mate's gunroom for years - since the original and only owner died - so it would be nice to see it going to someone who will use and appreciate it.

Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post

What sort of price would you take for that sort of work, purely out of interest of course (by PM if your prefer).......

I do not need another rifle, I do not need another rifle, I do not need another rifle.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mick9abf View Post
    What sort of price would you take for that sort of work, purely out of interest of course (by PM if your prefer).......

I do not need another rifle, I do not need another rifle, I do not need another rifle.........
    approx. 325.

Lovely Classic ..good luck with the sale..

Very nice, moderator aside...

hi adam
    is it possible to come and have a look at your rifle please
    paul

Don't be daft everyone, much better threaded for a mod