Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legality of destroying your dog.

Legality of destroying your dog.

I was wondering about the legality of destroying your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxfintry View Post
    I was wondering about the legality of destroying your dog.
    D'you mean in the 'a shotgun cartidge is cheaper than a vet' sort of way?

I'm wondering about the mentality of anyone who would ask that question..............
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    I'm wondering about the mentality of anyone who would ask that question..............
    It ocurred to me instantly - an unsentimental and economical mentality, and rightly cautious to avoid breaking the law.

I don't want to come across wrong here but does happen quite often with farmers and keepers dogs, often go to 'the farm'

No idea the legality not something i've ever looked into or done

Know lad that done it to his old dog but that was as it absolutely hated the vets so thought it was kinder to do it his self

this happens quite a lot when someones kept dogs and in some weird way of sentimentality towards the dog dont want someone else to do it,i know in this day and age it sounds totally wrong but ,and its a big but if the animals on its last legs so to speak or suffering,whos to judge and no im not condoning it,doug
    DONT START

Was told by the FEO at interview (hadent asked or mentioned anything so dont know why she brought it up ) that i cant legally shoot Dogs with the Fire arms even attacking sheep as they wouldnt be conditioned for it . as i got AOLQ on all rifles Im assuming dogs do not qualify as Quarry

but a shotgun would be ok ???

I'd rather take an "old friend" to the woods with a 22 rimfire for one last outing than queue at the vets so someone else may do the deed.

I don't see it in monetary terms but rather facing up to a certain responsibility and doing the right thing however difficult emotionally.

Far better to remember your bundle of joy in their favourite environment one last time than a shivering shadow of their self in the Waiting Room.

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 23-02-2015 at 10:00.
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

My dog my responsibility I could not take my dog to the vets.When the time comes they go for their last walk there is no stress on the dog all the stress is on me. That is the way it should be as easy as possible for the dog.Too many dogs are allowed to suffer for too long because of owner feelings.Just read Klenchblaize's post and fully agree 110%, money does not come into it either.
    Last edited by geordieh; 22-02-2015 at 21:30.