Zeiss V8

DeerDucksFishin

Anybody else got a zeiss V8 and loving it as much as me I simply think its the finest scope ive ever has the privilege of owning!

I ony bought mine couple of weeks ago and i think is brilliant. The ASV Long Range works perfect with my choice of ammunition and the right ballistic ring. At 200 m was right in the bullseye, need to test it on greater distances now. And the illumination sensor is wicked :D

Yes I am really enjoying mine. They are a fantastic scope, easily the best I have ever used.

Ive had a good look through one and I so wish I could afford one! They are absolutely brilliant, the optics are superb even when looking into the sun (obviously not at the sun!) so glare and very chrisp image. I would certainly say its the best scope I have looked through (compared to S&B, Swaro Z6, Kahles and Zeiss Diavari)

If you can afford one, GET ONE!!!!!

i was having a nosy at one at the weekend. seems to be all singing all dancing.

which mag are people buying?

I can certainly see how it fits the UK or German hunter with a few rifles, some with extra barrels, who wants an all-around scope for a wide variety of uses, which can be moved from rifle to rifle as seasons change. Makes a lot of sense for such a battery.

Someone with 20 or 30 rifles would probably want a variety of scopes and red dot sights, each dedicated to a more specific application or hunting style.

I am sure they are amazing, but two and a half grand for a scope to shoot a deer at 200 yards max (according to the rules of this forum), is just crazy. And then you need to spend another £2,500 on a rifle....

I must be turning into a luddite, but I reckon I need to go out and buy a couple of decent older Sako's and some Swarovski PF 8x50's to go on them. This might allow me to kit out my lads when they turn 18 without re-mortgaging the house.

Rant over.

Last edited:
yup :Dwith wind turret but still not used it as yet or zero'd :doh:

i got the zm rail and the converter blocks for the optilock base's from alan rhone so not pain's in the rear end looking for rings

Last edited:
Luddite Alert.

Never mind the V8 cleverness, when are they going to start selling those wonderful fixed mag jobs again,

Best wishes,

Grumpy Old Git.

Back