Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Diamondback 10x42 or Minox BV 10x42 BR

Vortex Diamondback 10x42 or Minox BV 10x42 BR

Hi all, I know these sort of posts are relatively frequent but Ive not seen direct comparison of these binos. Whatever pair I decide are going to be my primary stalking binos and with a strict budget from the boss of 150 (she wasnt as impressed with my Duralyt as I was)

Ive been able to look through the diamondbacks and ive always been impressed when I have. The lifetime no quibble waranty is also a huge selling point

The minox im tempted by because many people have compared them to swaro el which is a pretty impressive set of bins for a cheap pair to be compared to...... unfortunately the warranty is not unlimited in the uk which is a bit of a negative point for me

I suppose the clincher is that from what i can tell the minox are probaly superior glass and low light performance but does that outweigh the warranty with the vortex?

Thanks for you input in advance

KS

P.s anyone know the difference between the minox BV and BF range?

Hi Kernow stalker, I have the 8x42 minox, and im really impressed with them? Only wish I got them sooner. I had a look through the 8x42 diamond back, altho very good for money, I just thought the minox had the edge, as you say tho, the lifetime warranty is so tempting?
    Matt

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernow_Stalker View Post
    The minox im tempted by because many people have compared them to swaro el which is a pretty impressive set of bins for a cheap pair to be compared to

http://www.birdwatching.com/optics/2...hart_2011.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach2986 View Post
    Hi Kernow stalker, I have the 8x42 minox, and im really impressed with them? Only wish I got them sooner. I had a look through the 8x42 diamond back, altho very good for money, I just thought the minox had the edge, as you say tho, the lifetime warranty is so tempting?
    Matt
    Same here but the Minox come with a 25yr warranty I think, so will probably out live my stalking days.

Go with the Minox, if you passing my way you can have a look through mine.
    Cheers
    Richard

I'm not sure about these particular models but I found this site and it seems to be pretty swept up when it comes to comparing binos:

http://www.allbinos.com/binoculars_reviews.html

Jim

Hi all

Thanks for the input, it seems minox are the favoured binos, but I just cant seem to get the unlimited no quibles lifetime guarantee out of my head. Its strange as minox offer that to our cousins over the pond but not us???

ks

I had a look through a set of Vortex's a few weeks back and was very impressed. Try "Moray Outfitting" on here. They are selling them at a very competitive price.
    Cheers,

Just a quick update all, ended up with the minox.

Went to sportsman on my way to birmingham with the wife and compared the 2 side by side. For me personally the minox edged it on most fronts. And turns out the minox BV come with 30 year comfort warranty anyway which sounded pretty good.

My mate has the diamondback aswell so will do some field testing between the two over the coming months and see which one truely is the best!

cheers

KS

Hi did you manage a direct comparison between the two? I am now in a similar position and can get the Vortex for 25 less than the Minox but not sure which to go for due to the no quibble guarantee or if the Minox are the better buy.