Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bbc2, 9pm - boar hunting on "a cook abroad"

Bbc2, 9pm - boar hunting on "a cook abroad"

Just spotted this in the listings.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Yep it must have hunting in it , the BBC quote " contains some upsetting scenes"

Nothing but cheese so far. Good though.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I like the way they cooked that roe! I hope it was a clean needle and syringe! I'm going to give that a go!

The boar hunt was well covered, and demonstrated the animal being dispatched quickly. Yes the killing of an animal and Monica Galetti was upset by it, but as she said if you want to eat meat and game you should be prepared to be at the sharp end. She was right in there on the gralloching and butchering. What the boar hunt and the rest of the programme did show was the the respect and love for the land, the animals, the produce and the end food and the importance of being in touch with where it comes from.

Thats why I hunt!

ps - and the way that boar was hunted is now illegal in the UK - frankly ridiculous in my opinion.
    Last edited by Heym SR20; 23-02-2015 at 22:13.

Try injecting the haunch with buckfast or Jagermeister? A million junkies can't be wrong?

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up. The iPlayer is now downloading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    The boar hunt was well covered, and demonstrated the animal being dispatched quickly. Yes the killing of an animal and Monica Galetti was upset by it, but as she said if you want to eat meat and game you should be prepared to be at the sharp end. She was right in there on the gralloching and butchering. What the boar hunt and the rest of the programme did show was the the respect and love for the land, the animals, the produce and the end food and the importance of being in touch with where it comes from.

Thats why I hunt!

ps - and the way that boar was hunted is now illegal in the UK - frankly ridiculous in my opinion.

Well will definitely have to catch up iplayer, sounds like it's worth a watch, I hope she is looking good...can't say Monica without saying mmm

agree wholeheartedly on the ridiculous illegality of some hunting methods, however that's for another time & place

Its almost compulsory now to show some angst and upset
    in a TV hunting show otherwise they might become targets for antis.

The preshow warnings for hunting are pathetic when you consider all the disgusting filth
    and gratuitous violence thrown at us by TV presenters in the name of light entertainment.

A traditional healthier way of life in the alpine foothills of France.
    we are in the EU, fox hunting banned here how do you work that out?

Her shock and awe to me was put on for the cameras... The things people do to avoid their car getting keyed?