Looking for help, Bishops Stortford/Essex area

Jim239

I am looking for some help to get me back on track with my deer stalking. I completed my DSC level 1 a few years ago now but have done little stalking since. Mainly due to starting a new job, moving house and generally life getting in the way.

I have some land in the Bishop's Stortford area with a good number of fallow and muntjac and would like to make better use of this.

It would be great if I could accompany someone to learn in particular the gralloching process and carcass handling first hand.

I am available during the week as well as weekends as I work shifts if that is good for anyone.
Hopefully there is some one out there that could help or knows what direction to take next.

Kind regards

James

Last edited:
if i was you i would clear my inbox,they will be cueing around the block thats a very genourous offer to someone ,good luck and atb doug,

James,

Might not be much help but a guy I work with stalks in saffron, if you want me to get his details etc and pass them on to you then it would be no hassle for me. Alternatively i think the guys at hides and deeks in Stansted mountfitchet stalk.

All the best.

Dom

Hi James,
I've recently done my DSC1 and been on a graloching course and buchered a couple of deer. I work in Bishops Stortford and would be very happy to meet up. I'll PM you my number.
Cheers,
GH

Hi James,
Great offer.
I have dsc1 &2 and plenty of time on my hands to ''help you out'' I've done a fair bit of stalking around the Stebbing area and beyond so no problem with the travelling.
I would imagine that you will get hundreds of offers.
PM me for further details please.
Cheers

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the messages, I should hopefully be getting back to everyone shortly. I am looking forward to getting back out and doing some shooting again that's for sure.

James

Hello James
I have seen your post on the Stalking Directory and am retired and have been stalking now for many years.
I have all the relevant qualifications, Levels, 1 & 2, Meat Handling, Manual Handling, First Aid, etc. I live in Sheering which is very close
to Stortford, and if you wish to contact me feel free. (
Alan

Last edited:
Back