Thread: dive bottle or pump

dive bottle or pump

Had anyone a cheap bottle and hose kicking around or a pump thing.

Been asked to thing the rats out on a place so I've had to sort an air rifle and make night vision to get at them.
    If I don't thin them then someone else will be asked and if someone else does it then I reckon I will be losing a permission.

Can't afford much so please don't give brand new prices.

WHY please

All the best
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    Had anyone a cheap bottle and hose kicking around or a pump thing.

Been asked to thing the rats out on a place so I've had to sort an air rifle and make night vision to get at them.
    If I don't thin them then someone else will be asked and if someone else does it then I reckon I will be losing a permission.

Can't afford much so please don't give brand new prices.

WHY please

All the best
    Phil

DOnt buy from a shooting shop. Daft price.

Try here 300bar 12ltr for 99

Scuba Diving Cylinders, Tanks from godive.net

Dont be tempted by old cylinders that are nearley out of test as you will have to pay for a hydro and visual inspection before any one will fill them for you.

Thanks for that.
    By the time you add the hose and postage god I've is no cheaper than local shop. But thanks anyway

Ideally I would like a pump or a 3-4 ltr bottle and hose as I really can't be paying 150

I recently bought a cylinder - The base price from Godive was lowest until the delivery was added - they use a courier that charges OTT for the Highlands & wouldn't send it by another. Soooo I got mine from Ramsbottoms - good price & very quick service.
    Buying used is good if you find a complete tank & hose but often they are out of test & getting that done is expensive & time consuming.

Ian

get a pump
    takes no time at all to fill
    they are cheap, don't need filling

chap on airgunbbs has responded to your wanted ad
    90 for the pump is a good price
    rip his arm off

I tried to say yes via a pm. Asked how I wanted to pay and never heard back from him so still looking

Get on gumtree and pick up a second hand one, get an aluminium one if its out of test you should get it for 30 ish and retest takes a week and costs 50 so you get a full size bottle 12 ltr with 5 year test for 80
    just look at the general condition if its all beat up walk away
    dont get a steel one as they are prone to internal rust, take a magnet with you if it sticks its steel
    good luck
    Ray
    Last edited by Ray7756; 24-02-2015 at 13:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray7756 View Post
    Get on gumtree and pick up a second hand one, get an aluminium one if its out of test you should get it for 30 ish and retest takes a week and costs 50 so you get a full size bottle 12 ltr with 5 year test for 80
    just look at the general condition if its all beat up walk away
    dont get a steel one as they are prone to internal rust, take a magnet with you if it sticks its steel
    good luck
    Ray
    There are lots of aluminium cylinders out there. They are prone to cracks and thread wear and it is by no means certain that they'll pass a test.

pump puts moisture in the rifle, but understand that cost is an issue, if you manage to get a cheap tank and whip will you be able to recharge it? which is again another cost.

one of the boyz down the HFT/FT club in Deddington had one going for free but a few months since I have ventured that way, but will ask about or
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hills-Air-...-/221695229580 have a punt

Sorted out for now thanks gents