Wet Stainless media tumbling

Northwest

Just a quick note about my experience with stainless media.
A friend of mine invested in a whole setup. Couple of kilos of Stainless tumbling media, a drum that is totally watertight and a set of driven rollers.
After his first go with this he raved about it so last week when I went to visit I took a bagfull of brass with me. Now, I always decap my brass before I do anything with it and you can see here one slipped through the net. The case on the right was decapped after the clean in the tumbler and you can see the massive difference between the two:

308-01.jpg308-02.jpg

The other photograph shows the inside of the cases - these are both twice fired 308 Federal brass.
I am totally converted.

Just a quick note about my experience with stainless media.
A friend of mine invested in a whole setup. Couple of kilos of Stainless tumbling media, a drum that is totally watertight and a set of driven rollers.
After his first go with this he raved about it so last week when I went to visit I took a bagfull of brass with me. Now, I always decap my brass before I do anything with it and you can see here one slipped through the net. The case on the right was decapped after the clean in the tumbler and you can see the massive difference between the two:

View attachment 53213View attachment 53214

The other photograph shows the inside of the cases - these are both twice fired 308 Federal brass.
I am totally converted.

I run it overnight, not to much brass (the cleanliness of the finished product is directly proportional to the quantity of brass beyond approx 70 308 cases) Piping hot water to start, 3 healthy squirts of fairy and a teaspoon of lemishine or citric acid and job done... cases come out cleaner and shinier than new, primer pockets have no sign of residue... downside is a vacuum is created as the water cools making the lid a bit of a bitch to get off sometimes although I will say, the Rebel 17 I now have is much less prone to this than my previous Thumlers.. in fact, the Rebel 17 is way better than the Thumlers in every respect!

I would advise investing in one of these too http://www.lakeland.co.uk/14210/My-...80411&ef_id=VOnM@AAABF4G9O0p:20150224135854:s makes drying your brass a breeze! (literally lol) and also makes great trail mix and venison jerky!!!!!

Paul its cheaper to just stick them in the oven with just the fan on for half an hour ....

Depends - My missus objects to me using the oven for tempering so God knows what she would say to this! Though she is now used to me using the iron to get dings out of the stocks:D

Back