Thread: Le chameau- wool lined

Le chameau- wool lined

Does anyone have any experience of the wool lined chasseur wellies?

How does the lining stand up to wear and how warm are they compared to the neoprene version?

Cheers

Novice

Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip
    (did i mention the now useless zips)?

I've a pair of the leather lined ones and the zips have been fine, although I do keep them well lubed with the silicone spray. I've not given them a hard life as I tend to wear my meindl dovre most of the time (jeez they've got expensive!) but have a chance of some wool lined for 160, so was considering a punt.

novice

Hmmm... I wondered the same thing. I've got a pair of neoprene jobbies that are wearing out now, but they have been the warmest wellies I've ever used. I like the sound of some woolly ones but I'm guessing that if they get wet, your feet stay cold, unlike neoprene which is designed to keep you warm when wet.
    Another convert to the Dark side

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip
    (did i mention the now useless zips)?
    What's going on with the Zips? I did hear something about them changing to a new zip and there's been a few problems - is that true?
    Another convert to the Dark side

Well I've bitten the bullet and bought a pair. If anyone else is interested, lissom and muster are doing them on sale, along with the leather lined version.

novice

in the USA and Canada, for really cold snow, pac boots are worn, like Sorel, which have removable wool liners. They work really well.

The high rubber boots are normally insulated with neoprene made into the boot