Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallkniven F1

Fallkniven F1

Has anyone got a Fallkniven F1 that they would like to part with?
    MS

I got a very little used Cutco straight edge drop point (orange) which I don't get on with if anyone fancies a swap with cash adjustment?
    MS

Are you sure that you want an F1? I had one and didn't really rate it, the blade is too thick and heavy for deer work really and the handle is too slim and square for bushcrafty stuff. It doesn't seem to fit in either camp well. I can see the appeal of a heavy knife, I have an Alan Wood Woodlore and I tested Stu Mitchells Secare. Both of these are great dual purpose knives but obviously in a different price bracket than the F1. If you do get an F1 try to get the leather sheath rather than the plastic one. They come up on British Blades quite often. Glyn.

Personally I'd go the Zytel sheath for ease of cleaning. It's a good all round knife but Glyn is right there's better stalking knives. Take a look at Stuart's MuntjaC and MuntjaX knives. They're excellent. Secare is nice to.

monkey spanker i recently bought an h1 after handling both the f1 and the h1 . its an awesome bit of kit , id recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Are you sure that you want an F1? I had one and didn't really rate it, the blade is too thick and heavy for deer work really and the handle is too slim and square for bushcrafty stuff. It doesn't seem to fit in either camp well. I can see the appeal of a heavy knife, I have an Alan Wood Woodlore and I tested Stu Mitchells Secare. Both of these are great dual purpose knives but obviously in a different price bracket than the F1. If you do get an F1 try to get the leather sheath rather than the plastic one. They come up on British Blades quite often. Glyn.
    I currently carry a orange stainless Mora Clipper in my jacket pocket and have about 5 more in the car that I use for gralloching. I also have an orange cutco.
    This will be one to carry on my belt as a general purpose knife which I can also use for bleeding deer ASAP after shot/humane dispatch. I've never even handled one yet but have read good things about them. I can appreciate that the blade may be difficult to sharpen and may even be brittle, but knives should be used for cutting and not 'chopping' - that's what axes are for!
    I'm not familiar with the H1 but will investigate! They seem quite scarce which is a good indication that most people that buy them seem to keep them!
    MS

Have you considered Fallkniven Idun. I have one (amongst others!) And rate it very highly. F1 I always thought was a bit too "tactical" and not very comfy in the hand.

Blog Entries
    Doing the Bushcraft thing with my kids I have had both the F1 and the S1. I sold the S1 because I replaced it with a custom knife to my own design and fit. However the F1 is too darn compact and useful and has its place firmly in my Bimble bag.

They do come up used from time to time but as you say not often.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I'm not familiar with the H1 but will investigate! They seem quite scarce which is a good indication that most people that buy them seem to keep them!
    MS
    No mate, it's because they're pants! I tried one a couple of years back, and they're at best difficult to work with. Take all the negatives of the F1, too thick, hard to sharpen etc etc, add them to the H1, and then add a few more of its own!
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

I've got one just outside Newmarket if you want to cop a feel?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !