Thread: Anschutz Achiever - Any reviews please?

Anschutz Achiever - Any reviews please?

I am looking at buying a bolt action .22LR and have come across an Anschutz "Achiever" bolt action .22LR which seems reasonably priced but I can not find any reviews on it through Google.
    Do any of you guys know anything about the Anschutz Achiever or have any of you ever owned or used one, and if so what do you think of them please?

from what i can see frenchie its a competition rifle ,and they look good so it should be very good as the most of the models used now are all apart from the crap repeater are based on the comp ones action,atb doug,
    DONT START

It's a single shot, bolt action "junior/small adult" target rifle with open sights (folding leaf rear sight, not proper target sights), but also with a dovetail mount for scopes. They usually come with butt spacers to adjust length of pull, and can I believe be turned into a repeater by buying a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Humpers View Post
    It's a single shot, bolt action "junior/small adult" target rifle with open sights (folding leaf rear sight, not proper target sights), but also with a dovetail mount for scopes. They usually come with butt spacers to adjust length of pull, and can I believe be turned into a repeater by buying a magazine.
    The one that I have come across is advertised with a 5 shot magazine along with the option of an extra 10 shot magazine.

Just as a foot note I have just come across a CZ that a very good friend of mine (who is a good fairly well known RFD that I do a bit for) has just had come in which I might be able to get at a quite reasonable price. I have to say that I have always liked the CZs and I personally believe that they take a bit of beating as "a good value for money rifle" as they have a good proven track record for reliability and availability of spares!

you wont go wrong with a cz either,they only suffer from bad triggers which is very easily solved for a few quid ,good down to earth solid rifles plus spare mags you dont need a mortgage for like my annie,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    you wont go wrong with a cz either,they only suffer from bad triggers which is very easily solved for a few quid ,good down to earth solid rifles plus spare mags you dont need a mortgage for like my annie,
    Yes, you are quite right in saying that the trigger can be the let down on CZ rifles. However the one that I have just come across today (And handled) feels like the trigger has been worked on and is nice and crisp with no creep whatsoever. Even if the trigger hadn't felt quite right you are correct in saying that it is a quite easy and cheap fix!

mine on the 17hmr is nice ,i havnt even checked to see if its been worked on its fine as is,
    DONT START