Thread: RTA Red Hind

RTA Red Hind

Last night while driving home i came across a Red Hind lying in the road after she had been hit by a Vehicle, she was thrashing about in the road with what looked like 2 broken back legs as other road users were just driving past after slowing down to have a look, i don't understand why some one had not stopped and stayed there until help arrived ie Police , RSPCA.The only thing i could do to end the poor animals suffering was to take my knife and make a quick thrust through the Atlas joint, A chap did stop in a Range Rover but only because i was blocking the road with my Truck,i bet some of the people that drove by the suffering Deer last night are Dead against Stalking and cruelty to animals in any way but never stopped to help..

Well done for doing the right thing, may I ask. what did you do with the carcass?

Quote Originally Posted by THE STALKER View Post
    Last night while driving home i came across a Red Hind lying in the road after she had been hit by a Vehicle, she was thrashing about in the road with what looked like 2 broken back legs as other road users were just driving past after slowing down to have a look, i don't understand why some one had not stopped and stayed there until help arrived ie Police , RSPCA.The only thing i could do to end the poor animals suffering was to take my knife and make a quick thrust through the Atlas joint, A chap did stop in a Range Rover but only because i was blocking the road with my Truck,i bet some of the people that drove by the suffering Deer last night are Dead against Stalking and cruelty to animals in any way but never stopped to help..
    I couldnt agree more. Its a site i have witness a few hands and had to get out and deal with it when no one else would. A friend of mine was once called out for a Fallow RTA. The deer was lying there in the road thrashing around, guts half hanging out and a pool of blood on the floor. The deer was clearly on its way out and suffering immense pain. The guy who hit it was there kneeling besides the deer stroking it! He had not called the police or alike, another road user had. The police asked my friend to hang back while they got the guy away from the deer. He refused to leave the deer's side and had to be dragged away while screaming 'murderer' at my friend in the process..

Quote Originally Posted by shotguntom View Post
    I couldnt agree more. Its a site i have witness a few hands and had to get out and deal with it when no one else would. A friend of mine was once called out for a Fallow RTA. The deer was lying there in the road thrashing around, guts half hanging out and a pool of blood on the floor. The deer was clearly on its way out and suffering immense pain. The guy who hit it was there kneeling besides the deer stroking it! He had not called the police or alike, another road user had. The police asked my friend to hang back while they got the guy away from the deer. He refused to leave the deer's side and had to be dragged away while screaming 'murderer' at my friend in the process..
    Typical example of pure ignorance! So he was calling your friend a MURDERER?????? Surely as he was the one that actually hit the deer with his vehicle he was the murderer - Or a very poor driver as well as being a total idiot!!!!!
    Any animal in that state should be dispatched as soon as possible to end any further unecessary suffering - And stroking it's head is not going to do that!